Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sunblock--What is the point

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

of using it if I am going to burn anyway?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
People would be amazed if they researched... skin cancer rates have gone up since sun block has been pushed. There are more and more research articles linking skin cancer to chemicals in sun block.

Quoting Anonymous:

I refuse to use it. It's full of chemicals. Well unless you buy organic. I use coconut oil and haven't had a burn since. It's been about 2 years.

conniejo75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Same here

Quoting danie24:

We are a fair skinned family with blue eyes and blonde hair.. and we don't use any sunblock.

Staying out of the direct sun during the hottest times of the day, or playing in the shade, or wearing light, breathable, cotton clothing with long sleeves and hats is healthier

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM

You're not doing it right?

ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I recommend Badger sunscreen. This is what I use on myself and dd. We are very pale skinned and we burn easily. We wear long sleeve swim shirts and we try to reapply sunscreen often. I'm better about re applying sunscreen on my daughter than I am myself...so needless to say I got sunburned this weekend  on my legs and face =(

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh I didn't even think about me having a reaction to it. I will look into an all natural sunblock. Thanks

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:19 PM
You need a SPF 70 at least. I burn easy too, it works wonders.

Quoting Anonymous:

I already use a higher SPF(50) and I reapply every hour. I have tried numerous types of sunblock and I still get the same result.

Quoting piesmama09:

I don't think you're using it right. If you're still burning you need to re-apply more often and use a higher SPF.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

1. I slather it on pretty heavy

2. I reapply every hour

3. Not expired, bought it brand new this year.

4. I've tried many different brands and still burn

Quoting teri4lance:

1. you are using it wrong

2. you didn't reapply properly

3. you used expired sunscreen

4. you need a different formula or a better product

We use coppertone sport (50 spf or higher if they have it) and DS and I are both fair-skinned and have never burned - and we live in the land of The Sun.

tinkerxbell
by Danger Will Robinson on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Skin cancer is a bitch. If it's not working the way it should, stay out of the sun for long periods of time, and wear protective clothing even if you're hot.

piesmama09
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Are you going in the water?

Quoting Anonymous:

I already use a higher SPF(50) and I reapply every hour. I have tried numerous types of sunblock and I still get the same result.

Quoting piesmama09:

I don't think you're using it right. If you're still burning you need to re-apply more often and use a higher SPF.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:51 PM
This. Plus we have a super high uv index and we cant stay outside for more than a hr or two

Quoting teri4lance:

1. you are using it wrong

2. you didn't reapply properly

3. you used expired sunscreen

4. you need a different formula or a better product

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Sometimes, it all depends on if I have my friends baby with me, which is most of the time. I usually just sit on the beach. I even put sunblock on if I am just sitting at home outside but I still burn.

Quoting piesmama09:

Are you going in the water?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting piesmama09:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)