Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sunblock--What is the point

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

of using it if I am going to burn anyway?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Replies (41-44):
piesmama09
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I'm very pale and burn easily too, I wear a wide brim hat too and that helps ALOT

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes, it all depends on if I have my friends baby with me, which is most of the time. I usually just sit on the beach. I even put sunblock on if I am just sitting at home outside but I still burn.

Quoting piesmama09:

Are you going in the water?

Quoting Anonymous:

I already use a higher SPF(50) and I reapply every hour. I have tried numerous types of sunblock and I still get the same result.

Quoting piesmama09:

I don't think you're using it right. If you're still burning you need to re-apply more often and use a higher SPF.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Quoting teri4lance:

1. you are using it wrong

2. you didn't reapply properly

3. you used expired sunscreen

4. you need a different formula or a better product

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM
If you burn really easy like I do, you need to wear a tank top with a loose long sleeve open top ( cover your arms and neck) and a wide brimmed hat ( it will protect your face and chest). Also long pants or a light skirt that is long. It sucks but burns lead to cancer. I blister with or without sunblock if I stay out too long. Wearing covering clothing is what helps.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, only when I am going to be out in the sun for a while.

Quoting MariannLws:

Are you using sunblock every time you leave the house? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Are you perhaps slightly allergic to the sun? I have a friend who literally has to be covered up or they'll burn quickly and horribly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya it sucks, what really sucks is my red headed, fair skinned niece doesn't even burn like I do.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm with you!  Heck our trip to the waterpark a couple weeks ago I used SPF 110 and reapplied every 20 minutes and still ended up in the er from major burns!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)