Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA.. gives me the cookbook his x- girlfriend wrote. Would that offend you,? eta w/ pics of recipes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 289 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

In our marriage, one of my big annoyances with d.h. is his criticism of my cooking. He hovers over my shoulder and tells me what to do differently, and has been known to throw out his plate of food and make himself a sandwich on more than one occasion.. If I were a bad cook, it would be a little bit more understandable, but I've really made it a passion of mine to learn to be an excellent cook and perfect my recipes.

Everyone raves about my cooking, except him. Today we were visiting his Mom, and he found a cookbook his ex g.f. wrote, and gave it to me and suggested I use it. He has mentioned before what a great cook this woman is. :/ He can not understand why I'm offended. I've explained it in great detail, but he still doesn't get it. He was wondering earlier what I was cooking for dinner, and I told him he should use that cookbook and make it himself!

ETA: o.k., for the few unsupportive ladies on here suggesting maybe I am just a bad cook, let me give some examples. One of my favorite recipes before I married d.h. was coq au vin. I made this by putting a whole chicken in the crock pot, putting grated fresh lemon zest, salt and rosemary under the skin, and adding 1/2 cup of a good white wine, 1 tsp minced ginger, 1 or 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 halved onion, an additional 2 tsp salt and fresh ground pepper, cover with water, (it makes it's own rich stock), then cook on low all day. Now, I added a lot of nice flavors to that, but he'll say it's bland like hospital food", and bury it in slap ya mamma.

Also, he likes everything BURNT! Cookies and pie crust must be DARK brown, not golden brown ALL over, meat must be dry and leathery, not juicy and tender. Ugh!
I also used to love to make a good spaghetti Bolognese, simmered all day with pancetta, ground bison, and quality wine, but d.h. doesn't even want to try it. He says the only acceptable way to make spaghetti is with Kraft spaghetti mix, which is just basically m.s.g., oregano and salt.

I have changed my cooking methods as much as I can without feeling like I'm completely disregarding my children's health, and without making everything too spicy, because d.d., the baby and I can't eat spicy food, but now this cookbook thing is taking it too far and I'm just going to cook how I want to, and if he doesn't like it he can starve.

Pics of some of her recipes and then mine on p. 26 and 27
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:36 PM
18 moms liked this
If he is going to be an ass, I would stop cooking for him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Mobile Photo

areyouatroll
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM
4 moms liked this
OH HELL NO
destiny83
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Hell to the no. I don't even know where to start..

SJG1013
by SJG on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM
6 moms liked this
If he was so unhappy with my cooking, he would be cooking for his damn self.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't want my husband to lie to me about my cooking. This would hurt me but not as much as finding out he never liked what i made and pretended to. 

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this
My thoughts exactly.

Quoting MommyBoha:

If he is going to be an ass, I would stop cooking for him

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM
5 moms liked this

My husband would have tossed the dinner out once Then he would becoe our Chef ! Your dh is a real prize !  I would mark the book and say This is what YOU can make for us on Monday. Then this one Tuesday  etc.

taylamill
by Tayla on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like he needs to learn to cook his own meals from now on.
ashybaby87
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
wow, what an ass. I wouldn't be too happy either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN