Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How come i cant see it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
From march until now I have lost 30 pounds. I cannot tell though. The clothes are a little baggier but that's it. I saw Dh's cousin today and she asked if I had been working out. I told her no why and she said I looked really good. My SS who I haven't seen in a month asked dh the same thing. I think I still look the same, dh on the other hand says I have looked like I lost weight. Where though? Ugh
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonandon
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM
I can't see mine either, though I haven't lost as much, but others noticed, I haven't. I think it's because we are our own worst critics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM
If your activity level has changed, you probably developed muscle as well as losing fat. Muscle takes up less space but weighs more.
areyouatroll
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Go to the mall and try on a few outfits. You will see the difference then!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM
It takes up less space but DOES NOT weigh more.

Quoting Anonymous:

If your activity level has changed, you probably developed muscle as well as losing fat. Muscle takes up less space but weighs more.
RachelBy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Maybe have someone take a picture of you? When you look in a mirror your negative self image may alter what you see. Not trying to sound rude saying negative self image, but I think seeing a picture of you may give you a different perspective :) and great job!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM
So all the athletes that are lean as hell but technically weigh enough to be considered obese according to BMI are invisibly fat, I guess?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM

It's not uncommon at all. Sometimes your brain doesn't catch up with reality.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this
No, like you said it takes up less space. A pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. But a pound weighs a pound no matter what it is.

Quoting Anonymous:

So all the athletes that are lean as hell but technically weigh enough to be considered obese according to BMI are invisibly fat, I guess?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM

It may have something to do with the fact you see yourself (in the mirror) every single day, so it makes sense that you wouldn't notice a subtle change over a long period of time, whereas someone who doesn't see you that often notices it right away.

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM

This is what she means... 

The fat takes up more space than the muscle. The muscle doesn't actually weigh more (a pound is a pound is a pound) but since the muscle is lean it would take 10pounds of muscle to be the same size as 5 pounds of fat. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)