Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the point of having a carseat if you're not going to use it right? *pics

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Mobile Photo

I have this friend on Facebook who is a young mom but so am I. She has over 20 pictures of her son (14 months) in a carseat and in every single one the straps are tangled and half off his shoulder. We both are in a young mom group and another mom posted carseat pictures on Facebook. I know she saw them she commented on them yet still posts pictures of her son in the seat properly it drives me nuts! Would you say something to her directly?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I would say something either the next time I saw her or pm her.
AmericanChild82
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I'd comment on each photo telling her what's wrong and how totally unsafe that wrong thing is.

phoebe81
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:03 AM

You're exactly right. If you're not going to do it right, it's better not to bother at all!

ballerina18
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I would say something.

awesomemommy2
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Perhaps a more diplomatic way would be to link a car seat safety article about the common car seat mistakes (which always includes straps) and tag her and other friends with kids with the caption "thought you ladies might find this helpful since we all have little ones".
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM
I assume a carseat used improperly is safer than a seatbelt but it still won't do much with one strap off :/

Quoting phoebe81:

You're exactly right. If you're not going to do it right, it's better not to bother at all!

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM
This...

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Perhaps a more diplomatic way would be to link a car seat safety article about the common car seat mistakes (which always includes straps) and tag her and other friends with kids with the caption "thought you ladies might find this helpful since we all have little ones".
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM
The pictures the other mom posted showed pictures of twisted straps and one shoulder off :/ I honestly don't think much would get into her head.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

awesomemommy2
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Here are a few articles.

http://www.parents.com/baby/safety/car/baby-car-seat-safety-check-avoid-common-mistakes/

http://www.babble.com/baby/9-car-seat-mistakes-you-may-be-making/

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:10 AM
PM her and talk as nicely as you can about it. But, don't be surprised when she bitches you out and/or tells you that he's fine because she's a good driver (or because she's the mom). ← Had that one when I talked to a few friends about their tragic misuse...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured