Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My husbands hours have been cut right back and he's lost the motivation to find either a second job or a completely different job. I thought about looking for 1 myself but he keeps saying that I'm too fat and slow to get 1.
My question is, how difficult is it for a SAHM to get back into the workforce with no tertiary education and being out of the workforce for 7 years? What work should I be looking for?
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Your husband says that you are too fat and slow to get a job???? Yet,he doesn't have the motivation to get a different job,or a second one? WOW!

I don't know.Maybe we shouldn't be too hard on him.Could be he feels bad about his situation and hates the thought of you having to find work.Or,maybe he's just a dick.

Anyway,I worked as a housekeeper for motels/hotels.A fairly easy job to get.Or,at least,it used to be.I've also dispatched for a private ambulance company and worked at a pickled egg processing plant.I never had a problem finding a job when I really needed one.Depends on the area you live in and what's available.

CrossStitchMum
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I worked as a nurses assistant before but I have no tickets ect as I didn't finish my training

Quoting Anonymous:

Too fat and slow? Do not listen to those awful words!!!!

What did you do before you became a SAHM? Could you go back into that field?

I would google "resumes for moms returning to work". I'm sure there a ton of resources on the internet that could help you! Good luck!

CrossStitchMum
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Well I'm mobile now and it's my only chance for now to search because he just smashed the computer monitor
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Uh what are you good at? Did you go to school for anything?
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Your husband sounds like a real winner.

Quoting CrossStitchMum:

Well I'm mobile now and it's my only chance for now to search because he just smashed the computer monitor
alison35
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Check your city listings for city jobs. usually they have good benefits and are willing to train with good pay. Once you find one, save a few checks, find a new place and leave your husbands sorry ass.
emilymartinez
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I'm not saying this to be a b**ch, but if your in a time crunch, McDonald's has decent opportunities and they can work around your schedule. You can work your way up to management and then go somewhere else, but you will have management skills to take with you. Other jobs to look for would be receptionist, file clerks, temp agencies with the possibility to become permanent. Gl

pregnantmama105
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:04 AM
You could try wah bussinesses.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Its not going to be easy depending on if you find a job that requires a ton of labor. I just started filling out job applications and am looking for something part-time working nights.

The job market is horrible and honestly some ppl are really selective about who they want to hire.
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:12 AM
I went from sahm for 3yrs to working and I did it in no time. Basically I updated my resume and said I was a sahm for 3years. But I always looked presentable when I went to get applications. I would Google the company so I can know about them and at the interview I always had questions that way they knew I did some research. I got a fee job offers and 2 of the people who offered me a job said they liked that I did some research on the company. Well I ended getting a job with a mom and pop shop because the owner was so family oriented and he seemed very interested in my son and husband. I made the right decision. He is like family now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)