Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My husbands hours have been cut right back and he's lost the motivation to find either a second job or a completely different job. I thought about looking for 1 myself but he keeps saying that I'm too fat and slow to get 1.
My question is, how difficult is it for a SAHM to get back into the workforce with no tertiary education and being out of the workforce for 7 years? What work should I be looking for?
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (21-23):
CrossStitchMum
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:57 AM
That sounds like a great job :) I would love to get a job in a small business too. I will have to ask around

Quoting sweetieiv:

I went from sahm for 3yrs to working and I did it in no time. Basically I updated my resume and said I was a sahm for 3years. But I always looked presentable when I went to get applications. I would Google the company so I can know about them and at the interview I always had questions that way they knew I did some research. I got a fee job offers and 2 of the people who offered me a job said they liked that I did some research on the company. Well I ended getting a job with a mom and pop shop because the owner was so family oriented and he seemed very interested in my son and husband. I made the right decision. He is like family now.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:51 AM

i would be more concerned your mean husband calling you rude names like that.

zandhmom2
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM

After working from age 15 to 37, I too became a SAHM for the next 8 years.  I had always worked in an office and was really nervous about going back because I knew my computer skills were so behinds.  I got a job within a month and have been working the past 7 months in an office of a mental health clinic.  I don't know what kind of work you have done before but starting in an office as an assistant or clerk is a good way to ease back in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)