Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hi , I am a california mom with a big custody visitation problem, need some ....**UPDATE !!!

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:57 AM
  • 87 Replies
Ideas, leads or advice on what to do because I am so hirt for my DD who is 10 she is being held against her will with this visitation order, she does npt feel safe with her dad , she alleges that he is a heavy drinker ,drives drunk to the store , buys more beer , cracks them open and drives with her , and my son and his kids in the car , she witneses abuse while in his care , he is slapping and hitting his 15 month old baby , constantly verbally threatening to kick her ass , she says that her dad and hos wife lock themselves in the room while they smoke weed inside the house and have loud sex , while the baby is screaming , these are the main things , last year I was going thru the custody battle , and Things were happening and I got the idea of my DD calling cpa herself and making a report from here on cm , so she did that and we had a cps worker here on wed. Morning , he interviwed all of us and my son denied everything and defended his dad he is 14 . The worker said there is no crime but there is an open investgation and we also told him he is a cocaine user , convicted felon so the investigation will take 3 weeks but he cannot stop the order .

Yesterday , saturday morning was the custody exchange, which we do at a sheriff station , and Me and my DF fought till the sheriffs told my DD that I was going to jail if she dosnt go with her dad we were all crying and pleading to the shreiffs not to make her go I recorded everything and plan to go public , I had my camera phone recording and hiding in my purse , my dd was crying and telling the sheriffs that she doesnt feel safe . Well they made her go , I wohld have let them handcuff me , but I am trying to get a good job , plus, I have another baby that depends on me .

I am so heart broken my mind is drenched and I need anything I can get here , thanks for reading

*update !!!!

Me and df were naking calls yesterday , I forvot to mention above that dd was saying she wanted to kill herself and wants to die already the night before the visit , we contacted the cps worker , L.A county mental health dept. LB police , left messages at a couple.free legal help places , the L.A county probation dept to see of he is on probation which most likely he is , we contacted dds doctor , I contacted abc7 news , and gloria allreds office .

I found out thru the L.A county mental health.dept. That my DD was diagnosed in 2010 with a severe psychological disorder which I wasnt aware of , they told me the clinic name but couldnt tell me more , not even what exactly diagnosis it is , so I plan on going there today and getting paperwork .

I sent LB police and the met team to do a welfare check , and to evaluate my DD . The met team is the crisis mental team , so the lady that evaluated her said my dd was ok just wants to be with mom and doesnt feel like hurting herself . I am waiting for calls back from agencies , I left a lot of messages yesterday . Thanks everyone =) god bless you
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Um, wow. Idk, talk to a lawyer? Good luck! 

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Why is your 14 yo defending dad if hes doing all these horrible things?
bbyB10
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:03 AM
I am looking for a job , I cannot afford one

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Um, wow. Idk, talk to a lawyer? Good luck! 

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Sounds like your daughter is the one who needs a camera phone where she can record the abuse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Sigh... That's so sad for your kids.

I have a friend who is going through something similar only her girls father lives out of state... Both girls go to therapy and because of all the custody issues, he drinks and stuff with the girls around, his wife has pushed one of them onto a glass table and it shattered etc. the therapist wrote up an affidavit to submit to the judge, which as far as I know is helping but it's a long, drawn out, nasty battle.

I would definitely get a lawyer ASAP, I don't know if I would go public with that video as it may cause problems, BUT it may be helpful for your lawyer. If cost is an issue, alot of lawyers are willing to work out payment plans, you just have to ask :)
bbyB10
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I am not there , your guess is as good as mine , it drives us crazy , but I have lived with this person in the past , my DD wouldnt remember she was 1 , I believe her, he does do the things she says

Quoting hautemama83:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:06 AM
I would imagine that the child probably feels guilty and doesn't want to hurt his own father.

Quoting hautemama83:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Go to an attorney ASAP

bbyB10
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Yup therapy is next asap as soon as they come home the visit is extended till thurs. For summer vacay

Quoting Anonymous:

Sigh... That's so sad for your kids.

I have a friend who is going through something similar only her girls father lives out of state... Both girls go to therapy and because of all the custody issues, he drinks and stuff with the girls around, his wife has pushed one of them onto a glass table and it shattered etc. the therapist wrote up an affidavit to submit to the judge, which as far as I know is helping but it's a long, drawn out, nasty battle.

I would definitely get a lawyer ASAP, I don't know if I would go public with that video as it may cause problems, BUT it may be helpful for your lawyer. If cost is an issue, alot of lawyers are willing to work out payment plans, you just have to ask :)

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

With 2 kids going to the same place with 2 diff accounts you are going to get no where.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)