Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I had hernia repair almost 4 years ago for belly button hernia, but it feels like I have one again. Is it possible to get hernia in the same spot after having it repaired?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4_little_angels
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Idk bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Bump
opal10161973
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Yes, you can.  It may be a new one or it may be that the mesh moved and it no longer may cover the intended area any longer.  It is more common if you are overweight or gained or lost weight. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:17 AM
That's what i was afraid of. I just had a baby not too long ago and I'm overweight.

Quoting opal10161973:

Yes, you can.  It may be a new one or it may be that the mesh moved and it no longer may cover the intended area any longer.  It is more common if you are overweight or gained or lost weight. 

SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Quoting opal10161973:

I have a hernia, and am debating on what to do ????

If surgey , is not going to fix it ..... What do I do ??

Please, I am serious, I hate needles, and "really, Doctors"..

But , I still have to go to them, .......................................

I have a Hernia, in my pelvic area ???

I AM SCARED?

Are there exercises, I can do ?

opal10161973
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I didn't mention being pregnant, but yeah that could definately do it.  Mesh is often connected to the tissue just beneath the skin or connective tissue, so in the case of the stretching of the abdominal muscles from pregnancy, it is more likely.  Sorry.  I have a hernia and it sucks when it is bothering me.  It really hurts sometimes.  You can potentially make it less painful or bothersome by losing some weight or strengthening the abdominal muscles, but after awhile, it will likely need to be fixed. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what i was afraid of. I just had a baby not too long ago and I'm overweight.

Quoting opal10161973:

opal10161973
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:29 AM

That is a maybe answer.  It really depends on what type, how bad and big it is, and the location.  Some cannot be made better by strengthening the muscles and could actually make it worse, depending on the conditions I noted previously.  Some are never considered really bad and surgery is not an option, unless it causes major problems.  I have lived with a hernia for years and it flares sometimes, but it's not bad enough for surgery, so I just deal with it.   

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting opal10161973:

I AM SCARED?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Last hernia was from my first pregnancy so i knew that could be a cause.

Quoting opal10161973:

I didn't mention being pregnant, but yeah that could definately do it.  Mesh is often connected to the tissue just beneath the skin or connective tissue, so in the case of the stretching of the abdominal muscles from pregnancy, it is more likely.  Sorry.  I have a hernia and it sucks when it is bothering me.  It really hurts sometimes.  You can potentially make it less painful or bothersome by losing some weight or strengthening the abdominal muscles, but after awhile, it will likely need to be fixed. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting opal10161973:

opal10161973
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Oh yeah, even more likely.  Poor thing.  Maybe if you're done having babies, you can get it fixed forever this time? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Last hernia was from my first pregnancy so i knew that could be a cause.

Quoting opal10161973:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting opal10161973:

SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Quoting opal10161973:

That is a maybe answer.  It really depends on what type, how bad and big it is, and the location.  Some cannot be made better by strengthening the muscles and could actually make it worse, depending on the conditions I noted previously.  Some are never considered really bad and surgery is not an option, unless it causes major problems.  I have lived with a hernia for years and it flares sometimes, but it's not bad enough for surgery, so I just deal with it.   

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting opal10161973:

I AM SCARED?

I really do not know, what happen ....

My periods quite in 2003 at , around 34 years old.

I have Overia Faliure, and this has just came up in the last 4 years ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured