Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

depression.... help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I have a sibling that has been having some issues with extreme depression. He says he feels fear all the time. I just can't wrap my head around it. I ask him what he fears and all he tells me is he feels extreme fear. Has anyone gone through something similar. Can someone describe this to me?
Also, we have no idea how to deal with it. Do we talk to him? Give him advice? Leave him alone? We have no clue. We are desperate for some advice on how to help him.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Don't leave him alone (like never talking to him, he can be alone with himself). Try to convince him to see someone and his Dr and try some medications. Let him know he doesnt have to go on feeling this way. Be there for him. Understand that even if it sounds stupid ir irrational to you, his fears are real to him. Keep that in mind and try to see things as he does to talk him through them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:57 AM
His wife has been with him 24 hrs a day, he has already been to the psychiatrist and pescribed antidepressants. We are trying to be there for him as much as we can but we don't really know what to do. We talked to him today and told him we are all herr for him and that this will pass but I'm so scared for him. He is breaking down before us and we don't know what to do. All he tells us is thaft he feels fast palpitations and extreme fear all of the time. I tried asking him what he is afraid off but he won't say. He just says he feels extremely scared.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't leave him alone (like never talking to him, he can be alone with himself). Try to convince him to see someone and his Dr and try some medications. Let him know he doesnt have to go on feeling this way. Be there for him. Understand that even if it sounds stupid ir irrational to you, his fears are real to him. Keep that in mind and try to see things as he does to talk him through them

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like anxiety not depression. How long has this gone on for?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I think its depression and anxiety. It started full blown last weekend. He went to the er because he thought he was having a heart attack. His heart was fine. He has fallen apart since then. Cant drive, can't go to work, will hardly talk to us, will cry and bawl out of nowhere and says he has extreme fear. He is one of the strongest people and he is just falling apart.
Mermaid65
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Sounds like panic attacks to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think its depression and anxiety. It started full blown last weekend. He went to the er because he thought he was having a heart attack. His heart was fine. He has fallen apart since then. Cant drive, can't go to work, will hardly talk to us, will cry and bawl out of nowhere and says he has extreme fear. He is one of the strongest people and he is just falling apart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

It sounds like anxiety not depression. How long has this gone on for?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:15 AM
That's what he was told it was at first but now his dr said its depression. We are just scared and don't know how to deal with the situation.

Quoting Mermaid65:

Sounds like panic attacks to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

kayjayjess
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:15 AM

sounds like anxiety and panic attacks. I'm going through it right now

My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability.  They are the definition of unconditional love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:17 AM
How do you deal with it? Do you have fear also? Fear of what? I'm trying to understand it but can't wrap my head around it.

Quoting kayjayjess:

sounds like anxiety and panic attacks. I'm going through it right now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)