Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you help her?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

Sometimes I can be way to nice.I need thoughts on this.I know this girl who I used to be really close friends with.We where only 8 when we meet.I used to pretty much live at her house when we where kids.Her grandmother passed away then she turned into this I do not even have a word for it.She started to sleep with every guy she meet.She got pregnant gave her up for adoption.She started to do drugs really bad.She became a bad bad liar.She said her dad raped her.I know for a fact it is not true because like i said i pretty much lived there.She also moved in with him after she said he did that.Then she told other people she never said it.She said a guy friend I hooked her up with beat her.While he was supposed beating her he was at my house.I was talking to him about it when she called me saying he was over her house and was about to punch her.I do not know how he could be at 2 places at once lol.She tried to sleep with my friends husband.i got married and had a child.I had to stop being friends with her.I did not want her around my baby for the fact she was on drugs.Ok it is now 7years later.I accepted her request on facebook.I found out she is pregnant by yet anther druggie.She has stopped using herself(so she says)She has a place of her own but her only income is SSD.She does not drive.I really want to help her by throwing her a baby shower.I am worried about her past however.She has no one to show her how to be a mother.I want to get her parenting classes.I am just not sure though If I should risk her being around my kids.what are your thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:51 AM

bump

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

bump

thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:54 AM

When is her baby due? Do you have time to meet her for coffee or have a play date at the park to sort of scope things out before deciding? I would be very very cautious before proceeding. Sadly, once people get into that lifestyle they rarely change.

Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I'm a bitch, so I'd say no. She sounds toxic, particularly falsely accusing her father of rape. That's diabolical, and I'd never again trust someone like that. You're probably nicer and less jaded than I am, though :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:01 AM

She is 19wks.That is a good ideal :) That is what I am worried about.It is just sad.I really want to help her for the sake of her baby. .

Quoting thePBandJmom:

When is her baby due? Do you have time to meet her for coffee or have a play date at the park to sort of scope things out before deciding? I would be very very cautious before proceeding. Sadly, once people get into that lifestyle they rarely change.

Anonandon
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Not a chance. I don't help those I can't trust or respect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:03 AM

This is what I needed to hear though.I am such a push over when it comes to helping people

Quoting Kyndall30:

I'm a bitch, so I'd say no. She sounds toxic, particularly falsely accusing her father of rape. That's diabolical, and I'd never again trust someone like that. You're probably nicer and less jaded than I am, though :)

sketchmonster
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:05 AM
I would feel bad for her, she probably won't get a shower from anyone else with the way you say she's burning bridges. I would also keep in touch with her for the baby's sake, but have hubby watch the kids. They don't need to be around that.
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd feel bad but I'd leave it alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)