Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please, give me one good reason why this would be okay.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I just got home from the 11:00pm showing of the Conjuring. It's past 1:30am.

During the previews, while we were waiting for the movie to start, a mom walked in with her FOUR year old daughter. We were sitting on the isle seat and saw the little girl skipping down the steps.

They sat at the very bottom of the theater, next to three other kids who looked to be between 7 - 11 (although I will admit, the theater was already dark and they were at the bottom rows).

The mom left the daughter at the bottom od the theater and returned a few minutes with a booster seat. About fifteen minutes into the movie, the girl started throwing a screaming fit. The mom drug her all the way up the stairs and out of the theater, and returned about five minutes later with popcorn and drinks.

She announced to the theater, "Look! Mommy bought me popcorn!" and when she got back to the seat she yelled, "Over here mommy, I found our seats."

Now, I know it's not kind to judge - but ffs. Who brings their four year old into a scary, rated r movie at 11:pm at night? Is there any good excuse for it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:52 AM
What a joke. Personally I don't think there is a good reason but maybe she is a single mother and couldn't find a babysitter.
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:53 AM

bc she wanted to?

granted it would annoy me, too, but i find demanding an "excuse" for it condescending and annoying.

LuLuThatsWho
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Then you don't go to the 11pm showing of a scary movie.  All parents make sacrifices... single or not.  A movie isn't that much to give up.

Quoting MichelleJ1000:

What a joke. Personally I don't think there is a good reason but maybe she is a single mother and couldn't find a babysitter.

**LuLu**

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:56 AM

also, what kind of answers do you expect to get? obviously it was a decision you (nor i) would have made, but theres not an answer to your question. its the movies, not a hospital or gas station. the only "excuse" she had for being there is bc she wanted to see the movie.

idk why this question--moreover, the wording of it--annoys me more than it should.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:56 AM

no I wouldnt take a 4 year old to any movie at 11pm at night.

happy41ce
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:56 AM

I am sorry if you bring YOUR kid to a theatre here and your kid is disrupting people, they WILL make you leave. I have NO problem bitching about your kid being a brat.

All you have to do is march your ass to a manager and they will take care of it.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:58 AM
No way in hell would I bring my kid to that movie. I sure as hell wouldn't see it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't bring my kid to any movie at 11 at night, let alone that one. Hell, I've never brought my 3 year old to a movie yet, because I know he's not ready to sit there and watch the whole thing yet. 

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont think people should be bringing children to adult movies for any reason. Get a sitter or wait until it comes out on DVD. I also would have told them sit down and be quiet

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Not everybody runs on the typical day shift type of schedule.  As for taking the kid to a scary movie, maybe she figured the kid is too young to understand it, so she saw no reason not to take her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)