Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate going to the beach because my body's ruined! Jealous of moms w nice bodies! : (

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies

I have terrible stretch markson my stomach, breasts, and thighs.  The dark purple ugly ones on my stomach.  My stomach also hangs like a deflated balloon.  It's like a pouch hanging there.  I am not overweight.  i also have veins popping out of my legs.  I feel my body's been ruined by pregnancy!

We're going on vacation to the beach tomorrow and I'm dreading it. I hate the way  look in my frumpy bathing suit, but it's all I can wear with my ugly body!  I hate seeing women with beautiful bodies!  Especially moms!  It's so unfair.  NO amount of diet or exercise can fix my trainwreck of a body!  I used to be a hot babe in a bikini(only 5 yearsago!), and now I'm some dumpy mom! 

I hate when these attractive women are near, and I see my husband looking at them!  I feel like shit.  He says he loves me and doesn't care, but men are very visual.  He married a woman with a nice body, and got stuck w this trainwreck I've become!

Does anyone else feeel this way?  I needed to vent.  Any advice on how you deal with the bad feelings would be appreciated!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momwriter
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Hmmm....sorry to hear this. I have some extra on my belly but have been working out daily so am not too bad for 46! I had my last baby 5 years ago...Give yourself time and if you're not working out, I highly recommend it. Hopefully, the stretchmarks will fade. I was fortunate to only get light ones which are no longer visible. Good luck!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM

No I don't feel this way, I fixed myself. But if you are not overweight at all then you should be able to rock a cute one-peice. So what is the problem there?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Post a picture of u.

i am a mommy and i also have stretch marks. I run almost every day and now im trying to do some weight lifting to tone my body. i have stretch marks but i embrace them.

Also there are very pretty one piece bathing sutes you can wear that reshape your body.

I ask to post a pic because maybe u dont look as bad as u think.
Peanut0110
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Of course! I refuse to wear two piece but right I am looking for the perfect high waisted bikini bottom so that it covers my stomach and I can still have the option of picking out cute tops. I think you really need to just go on a hunt for the perfect bathing suit. Don't give up! Don't you want to enjoy yourself at the beach? You can also find some cute bathing suit cover ups, I've seen ton that cover up your body and you look super cute. Go do some shopping. If it were me going.. I would just make sure I had my perfect bathing suit and a cute cover up and then I would put on some waterproof makeup and make sure my toes were all done up. Lol it sounds like a lot but it works.

shygurl3166
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I think this is where a lot of women go wrong. We tendyo focus on our trouble areas instead of our assets. II'll never have the great body I did before ds2 came along... I have vericose veins in my legs... an that darn pouch is stubborn as heck.. I'd imagine more so once this one is born. But.... im lucky in that I have lovely eyes....my face looks young too. Play up your positives, do what you can to fix what you see negative. If you focus on th good... the bad doesn't seem so big.
meaganmac
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't feel that way at all. I'm plus sized but this is the body I have right now and I am going to embrace it. I'll be damned if I'm going to miss out on having fun with my kids and enjoying the beach (or pool) because I don't look as good in a bathing suit as someone else. There is always someone who is going to be prettier or skinnier or have better boobs.
livelaughlov26
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Tummy tuck?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

You know when your at the beach, take a gander at everyone around you.  Not just the pretty people.   

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Screw what people think...go and have fun. Trust me, I feel skinny at the beach lol.

Bethsunshine
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I have stretch marks and sagging skin and I still wear a bikini! I don't give a crap what anyone else thinks. My husband thinks I look sexy and his opinion is the only one that matters.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN