Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

let's hear your babysitter/nanny horror stories

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 586 Replies
8 moms liked this
The only one I have was when I was looking into going back to work and interviewing nannies. A non smoker came for an interview.... And put her cig out on my coffee table :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
umm.yeah
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM
10 moms liked this

My son had gotten into the habit of bitting other kids at the babysitter's house.  We were working with her to come up with discipline techniques to curb his habit.  One day when I picked him up he had a huge bite mark on his arm.  When I asked where that came from she said she did it to him because he bit another kid that day.  The worst part - that babysitter was my aunt. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I had one night time sitter whose son threw some food on the floor and told my 2 yo to eat it.
Never returned to that house again.

If he'd do that in front of me, what was happening to my baby when I wasn't around?

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
She let our son sit on the counter while she washed dishes because he was having fun playing with the roll of paper towel, yeah ya dumb bitch until he fell backwards!!!
GrinningCheese
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM
5 moms liked this

I babysit/nanny for families and when I work am in high demand lol. I love kids and parents know I know what I'm doing even if my ways are untraditional.  My friend on the other hand was one of those sitters you DON'T want. She watched her sisters kids and her sister was desperate. I watched them for a couple of weeks while she was recovering from surgery but the sister was free otherwise I'm sure she'd keep using me. 

She'd rush her nieces along to school because she didn't have time to 'play' around and get the older one there on time. Actually smacked the youngest for playing around and someone called the cops on her sending her into a break down. Would leave 15 minutes before school let out REFUSE to leave earlier even though it took her nearly 45 minutes to walk the 5/6 blocks to get there. The school would call the mom to say she was still there after dismissal and mom would call her sister who would call and bitch to me that they wanted her there on time.  She expected the girls to do all the house chores (so did the mom and most were ridiculous for small kids) and never lend a hand.  My list could go on and on.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
My brother and I were at an in home day care for awhile

I saw the lady send a little boy to naptime because he went for his "main dish" before the veggies. Didn't let himm eat anything

She spanked a baby (12-18 months) with a wooden spoon for making noise during naptime

She gave my brother a cold shower as punishment for wetting himself during naptime (he had issues wetting until he was 5)
Josie_P
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Our nanny is awesome but I know a friend of mine had a horrible nanny. She would keep the youngest child, who was 13 months, in his crib all day. She only really interacted with him to feed him and change his diaper. My friend would leave some money so the nanny could you know, take the kids out for ice cream or something but the nanny would keep it for herself. I told her to install nanny cams because I have them and that's the only way she was able to see how horrible her nanny treated her kids :/ She has a much better nanny one, an amazing one at that.

kraziandkoul
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My 18 month old had choke marks on his neck when I picked him up one night, and the daycare had no idea how it happened (that was their story)...and my 4 month old had been hit repeatedly in the head with a metal toy train (and had many, many marks on his poor little head. I called CPS, they "investigated" but the place still remained open.

GrinningCheese
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting umm.yeah:

My son had gotten into the habit of bitting other kids at the babysitter's house.  We were working with her to come up with discipline techniques to curb his habit.  One day when I picked him up he had a huge bite mark on his arm.  When I asked where that came from she said she did it to him because he bit another kid that day.  The worst part - that babysitter was my aunt. :(

Aunt or no aunt I would've bitten her back hard and said that was for biting my child. I'm for the biting back but not enough to leave a mark more of the gesture.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg :( I hope you weren't in that day care for very long

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

My brother and I were at an in home day care for awhile

I saw the lady send a little boy to naptime because he went for his "main dish" before the veggies. Didn't let himm eat anything

She spanked a baby (12-18 months) with a wooden spoon for making noise during naptime

She gave my brother a cold shower as punishment for wetting himself during naptime (he had issues wetting until he was 5)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:14 PM
4 moms liked this
You would bite a child you were paid to babysit? Hope you aren't allowed near children that aren't your own

Quoting GrinningCheese:

Quoting umm.yeah:

Aunt or no aunt I would've bitten her back hard and said that was for biting my child. I'm for the biting back but not enough to leave a mark more of the gesture.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)