Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

let's hear your babysitter/nanny horror stories

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The only one I have was when I was looking into going back to work and interviewing nannies. A non smoker came for an interview.... And put her cig out on my coffee table :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Replies (221-230):
aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Yeah. I have decided the same :)

Quoting beans13:

I am assuming she said she was a non-smoker to get the interview.

Quoting aandt1999:

Lol....thank you! I have gone through all the replies so far wondering if I am the only one to catch that. Nobody was saying anything so I re-read the post thinking I was nuts. Nope. I'm not. Hehe.

Quoting Anonymous:

A non smoker put her cig out on your coffee table? What did she just light it for the hell of it?

BeAmour
by Tonya on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM
My XH...lol yeah, isn't that sad??

It was rare and few between that he'd watch DS and one day I ran to the store and came home to him passed out on the couch and DS in his highchair, limp. I ran over to DS to find out that THANKFULLY, he was just asleep. I was ready to kill XH!

Then, now that he has him every other weekend, he doesn't bathe DS, doesn't brush his teeth and he comes home with a really red butt bc he's dirty down there. I hate him so much!
eve210
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM
6 moms liked this
Bump for later. Page 9.
Someone please "like"!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiffanydshives
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM
In my experience as well the extreamly heavy sitters do have more accidents. That's not to say all heavy people suck... but after 6 heavy sitters with many issues... we have since stopped hiring heavy set people to watch our children.

Quoting Anonymous:

what does her weight have to do with it?

Quoting Anonymous:

My Aunt was babysitting for me for a while.  Just so DH and I could go out.

First time, I came home and found there was poop under DS' genitals.  Ok, she only had a daughter, so I figured maybe she didn't realize she had to move that stuff around and get it all good.  But even after I talked to her it still happened.

The second time DS sat down and ate an ENTIRE pudding cake.  She didn't even notice that he'd been in the kitchen, and considering he was 2 or 3 I figured he had to have been unsupervised for some time in order for him to eat an ENTIRE cake.

There wasn't a third time.  She clearly didn't watch him while she was here.  She's very overweight, and I figured she probably sat in the chair and dozed off.

kraziandkoul
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I did call the police first. I took him to get pictures taken there, then they had me call CPS for the investigation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kraziandkoul:

My 18 month old had choke marks on his neck when I picked him up one night, and the daycare had no idea how it happened (that was their story)...and my 4 month old had been hit repeatedly in the head with a metal toy train (and had many, many marks on his poor little head. I called CPS, they "investigated" but the place still remained open.

thats ad but that happens too offten - they know each other and that how the cookie crubles - nothing is done. I would have called the police.

Jess4907
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I don't have any, nobody watches my kids besides my family of DFs family and they never have or never will do anything to put my kids in danger or anything like that. And when I was a kid we only had one babysitter...Pam and she was awesome!!
coreynlala
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I have been a stay at home mom and doing child care in my home for years. I will very honestly say that, just like everybody else, you have good days, and you have bad days. Just as we do as moms or wives. The most important thing is to remind your self that it's better to put the child in a safe place and walk away for a moment if you truly have reached you limit. That way accidents out of frustration are made impossible. It only takes me a whole 30 seconds to breathe in another room, pull myself together and help the child through what ever situation we might have been going through. But I'm not perfect. Not as a mom or a child care provider but I am always honest with the families, Never have I had a bad reference. Families still seem to love me :)

CookiePwnz
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Well I worked in a daycare center, and though I must say most of the women who worked there were really good with the kids, there was one who was really just borderline abusive. She'd pull the kids down in to the chairs, throw water on their face and never got caught. She was the boss' sister-in-law, and there was a point in time where the security camera was on her room constantly, but she was really slick about it. It disgusted me.

Did I mention the kids were under 2?

Indiemom880
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I have never used a sitter except the grandparents, who are really good with the kids, so I don't have my own, but when I was a kid, I had a regular babysitter for awhile. She was fun to play with and I liked her for the most part, but in her family they had this thing that all babysitters had to clean the whole time they were there. A good bonus, right? No, she would make me do as much work as she did. One time it was like 11 0'clock at night and I was scrubbing the floors. I was like 6. Another time--the last time she babysat--she grabbed several paper sacks and went through my toybox, some drawers, my mom's closet and explained to me that these items were outdated or I was too old for them or some other reason we didn't need them anymore. She got me involved in finding items "we didn't need anymore". She took them out to her car and put them in her trunk. Later I told my mom thinking this was a completely normal thing to do. I mean, I was like 6 years old, how was I supposed to know the difference? Anyway, they called her mom and got the stuff back. She never babysat again.

I didn't see her again until I ran into her when I was in college, but she was all over the news a few years later. Her child had been kidnapped by some pedophile--and then found safe (I mean, as in life wasn't in danger). Very scary story, but it had a happy ending.

Even with the child labor and stolen items, I wish her the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN