Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No sex with ?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 17 Replies
I got the mirena put in after my last baby that was feb 2012 .. And i have NO sex drive at all. I get horny maybeeee once a month! I was neverrrrr like this before! I believe its from the mirena! This is my only problem with the BC... Anyone else have this problem??
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I've never had an IUD so I don't know. Here's a bump.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I want to say at first mirena did that to me, but eventually the drive came back. But it was only a few months. Are you breastfeeding? That can greatly reduce sex drive.
peggytoo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Same. Sorry no help here...

Quoting Dinimon:

I've never had an IUD so I don't know. Here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I had the same problem, a few months after i got it taken out, my libido returned. Now one year later, I'm pregnant! Lol
mrs.pina
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I had the iud but never had that problem , but now that i am on the depo i do .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenC1978
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I never had the mirena but i used to be on the pill and it completely killed my sex drive.  The Mirena has hormones too so it has to be that.  I just use condoms.  It sucks but I hated not having any sex drive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

The pill did the same thing to me. Sucks.

Barabell
by ~~CC~~ on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I think it's more likely related to the change in your body from having a baby as opposed to the Mirena. I'm on my second Mirena, but it's been 13+ years since I had a baby. My sex drive is just fine now, but it was low after having a child.

Azita888
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I had mirena too and same problem, took it out and sex drive returned withing next couple of months
Indiemom880
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I haven't heard this side effect with IUDs but I know it's very common with many forms of hormonal birth control, so that's probably what's going on. I know a girl who said she didn't have sex for a year with her husband because of depo. Another one had no libido because of the pill. And I don't mean to scare you, but from what I've read, the side effect can last for awhile after you stop taking the birth control. One of the many reason I never ever took hormonal birth control. The other one is nausea! Lol, yeah...I guess it works as birth control! I never wanted to have sex!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)