Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FFS get over it already

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 67 Replies

OK so my friend and her dh are going thru a separation. They have one child together. He is 4 months old. They both want custody and the child to stay with them. He is ebf and mom has been a sahm since she got pregnant with him. Her dh has been the only one working. She had a history of mental illness but hasnt been on any medication for a year before their son was born and still isnt and is doing just fine without it. Her dh is trying to use her past history against her. In your honest opinion who would get custody. The dad never wanted their son in the first place and she only has one text stating that. She is worried that she will lose her son. She is the only one that has cared for him since he was born. Dad has been providing financially. They live in TX if that helps. I want to give her as much advice as possible she is a good mom even if she does get frustrated in the middle of the night easily with him simply because she never gets any sleep. Which I understand. I just need to know who has more of a shot at getting physical custody. 

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM

BUMP!

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM

BUMP!

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:30 PM

BUMP!

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:32 PM
There is no way to guess, a lot can depend on the judge
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Does she just have a history of mental illness or a record of actions resulting from mental illness? Does that make sense?

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Any advice I can give her though?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

There is no way to guess, a lot can depend on the judge

novachick
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I've heard Texas is a very mom friendly state so hopefully that will help her
poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:34 PM

She went in voluntarily a year before she got together with her current dh. Then with help from her doc was able to come off all medicine and this was two years ago. Nothing since then. She hasnt flipped out or anything like that if that mkes since. 

Quoting littlesippycup:

Does she just have a history of mental illness or a record of actions resulting from mental illness? Does that make sense?

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Thats what I told her but she is still worried about the thought of losing her son. 

Quoting novachick:

I've heard Texas is a very mom friendly state so hopefully that will help her

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on the judge; it also depends on how severe her mental illness is....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN