Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Daycare called CPS!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
1 mom liked this
Four years ago, I dropped my kids off at daycare. We had spent the (summer) night with my boyfriend. He was always so nice to the kids. Always kind.

I got a call on my way to work to come back to daycare immediately. I went and found that my baby had bruises on his ears - the size of a thumb. He had been picked up by his ears. I was horrified.

I called BF and told him we HAD to talk face to face. I showed him the bruises and broke up with him. CPS as called. They took a tour of my house and talked to BF. Charges were pressed. It was done.

I love my daycare. I stuck with then after the drama - because had it not been for them I'd never know OR something worse would've happened.

Fast forward - they just haven't let it go. (Or maybe I haven't.) Anytime I bring them in with a bruise, scrape, or anything - I am so nervous.

Today, my oldest had a rash ALL over his face. I asked what they thought and they suggested I take him to the doctor. He has bad allergies and that's what it was.

The daycare said it was 'suspicious' that he only broke out on his face. Wtf? I'm so hurt. I'm so worried. I do nothing, nothing wrong to those boys. I know I have the truth in my favor but should I dump the daycare? The boys love it there but I can't let one fucked up thing that happened follow us for the rest of our lives!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkysmommy720
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM
4 moms liked this

If you can find another one, I would just for your own peace of mind.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Find a new daycare.
JadensMommy2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I would switch daycares.

ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I would find a new one. You're forever gonna be "marked" in their system.
lmcdona2
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Mmm...if you can find another daycare because you are being questioned it seems as to why the kids sneeze too much. (Get my drift) Seems like they pick apart everything that happens. Yes daycare providers are supposed to protect the kids and look out for them. But seriously a rash? That's overboard. Find another method for child care. Good luck. Glad you got rid of that boyfriend. I can't believe how disgusting he was picking up a baby by the EARS! OMG. I can ONLY imagine how much that hurt! Babies can barely support the weight of their own heads. LET ALONE the weight of their own bodies dangling. SMH. GOOD LUCK!

TheQueenOfChaos
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM

If they're claiming things are "suspicious" even after you have proof from a doctor that it was a reaction then yes, I would switch.

If they said it was suspicious when they told you to take him to the doc, they were probably just concerned for him that it was more than allergies, like poison ivy or something. At that point I would just say you're being paranoid. CPS involving abuse allegations can be embarrassing, and can make people feel judged even when the claims have nothing to do with them personally.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I'd find a new daycare
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:46 PM
My oldest has allergies. He gets them every year in the spring. However this is summer and out of season for him so I was concerned as well.

After talking to the daycare, I remembered he was helping his Grandad cut grass yesterday so I quickly realized that must have been it. I explained it to his doctor so he gave him a steroid shot and medicine. I mean it looked really bad.

When I called to update daycare, she (the lady who runs the place) said that it was 'suspicious' that he only had the rash on his face, not his entire body. They checked him out there.

I don't know WHY it was only on his face but it happens every year - hives and swelling. I got off the phone thinking WTF? If I wad abusing him, why would I take him to the doctor? Wouldn't I want to make sure that did not happen?

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

If they're claiming things are "suspicious" even after you have proof from a doctor that it was a reaction then yes, I would switch.

If they said it was suspicious when they told you to take him to the doc, they were probably just concerned for him that it was more than allergies, like poison ivy or something. At that point I would just say you're being paranoid. CPS involving abuse allegations can be embarrassing, and can make people feel judged even when the claims have nothing to do with them personally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM
He was two at the time.

I was in the room sleeping and it happened. I guess he peed the bed (potty training). I was horrified for one that it happened. And, two, that I was literally in the next room and heard NOTHING. No screams, not yelling, nothing.

My oldest told me the story and it made me sick. I guess he picked him up by the ears and threw him into the shower. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

Quoting lmcdona2:

Mmm...if you can find another daycare because you are being questioned it seems as to why the kids sneeze too much. (Get my drift) Seems like they pick apart everything that happens. Yes daycare providers are supposed to protect the kids and look out for them. But seriously a rash? That's overboard. Find another method for child care. Good luck. Glad you got rid of that boyfriend. I can't believe how disgusting he was picking up a baby by the EARS! OMG. I can ONLY imagine how much that hurt! Babies can barely support the weight of their own heads. LET ALONE the weight of their own bodies dangling. SMH. GOOD LUCK!

TheQueenOfChaos
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Then I would absolutely switch. And I would also inform the daycare when you switch that your reason is due to the workers trying to know better for your son than the actual doctor he visited saw for this issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

My oldest has allergies. He gets them every year in the spring. However this is summer and out of season for him so I was concerned as well.

After talking to the daycare, I remembered he was helping his Grandad cut grass yesterday so I quickly realized that must have been it. I explained it to his doctor so he gave him a steroid shot and medicine. I mean it looked really bad.

When I called to update daycare, she (the lady who runs the place) said that it was 'suspicious' that he only had the rash on his face, not his entire body. They checked him out there.

I don't know WHY it was only on his face but it happens every year - hives and swelling. I got off the phone thinking WTF? If I wad abusing him, why would I take him to the doctor? Wouldn't I want to make sure that did not happen?

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)