Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My house isn't on the market, but.....

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  • 24 Replies

Its always "show" ready. That is actually my cleaning plan lol.  I keep my home clean as if it was on the market. If there is anything I would do before walking out the door to show my home for sale, I make sure I do it right then! 

At first it felt like a lot of working, cleaning bathrooms daily, weekly wiping of all pictures, mirrors, blinds and light fixtures, never having any clutter on counters or kids rooms. I always make sure any little projects that need to be done are done right away. .

At first I felt like I was doing random lose ends that got left, like the craft table mess or kids closets but once I got everything caught up its not hard..

Now my house is always spotless and I don't clean more than 2 hours a day here and there. Including daily stuff like dishes and sweeping.

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Ok
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Do you work?  I could never spend two hours a day just cleaning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM

My home used to be like that years ago now I just live in it.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Good for you! Me, if I had two hours a day that I didn't need to put into anything else, I would not spend them cleaning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM
2 Hours a day? Really? I don't have time to make my home "show ready". Do you work?
jemmyeve
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM
this exactly
I could do it when I had only one child. now.... we live in it

Quoting Anonymous:

My home used to be like that years ago now I just live in it.

opal10161973
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I wish I could do that, but with a DH that likes to make little piles of messes on nearly every surface, that's not possible.  I remember back when I was a single Mom, my place was show ready all the time.  SIGH!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I do the same thing.

danijean
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I actually think this is a brilliant plan. If I could only get the motivation to get it done. Come help me?
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I try to keep my home very clean but, my husband & I work a lot & we never have two hours a day to spare. We do our best with what time we have though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)