Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

military spouses who say they hate the military.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
2 moms liked this
Why do others feel the need to tear them down and shame them for feeling the way they do. We ALL know we ALL have moments when we dislike the military. We don't like the way things happen or the way the command handles things.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3boys1girl32
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM
To each their own.I love the military.
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of the military most of the time.
Anonandon
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM
This. I'm going to miss the life when my husband retires, I think.

Quoting 3boys1girl32:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I guess. I was an army wife for 12 whole years. I was upset when my husband got out because I loved being an army wife so much. we never had any problems when he was in. everybody has a different experience tho.

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I hated it when we were at Drum and he constantly deployed. Now I just hate his dumbass first Sgt lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM
All the time? Doubtful.

I am a big supporter of the military. My husband had been in a long time and I love this lifestyle. But there are times for us all that we have issues with the way things happen.

Quoting 3boys1girl32:

VannaMae307
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I have moments when I love it, and will miss it. I also have moments where I want to punch someone's face in when things get changed at the last minute or the "hurry up and wait" bullshit starts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, as a former military wife I feel that the wives know what they are getting in to. They can hate the moments but to wish your husband would fail something that will benefit his career simply because he will miss the birth of his child is just too much, IMO. I bitched and moaned 20+ years ago but I didn't wish ill on my husband's career.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Everybody gets frustrated at their spouse's employer from time to time.  What isn't smart is to put them on blast and wish ill-will on their careers because of the inconvenience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
So in those 12 years you never planned something special and he had to work late? Or get called into work? Or have to pull a duty because a soldier didn't show up for duty? Or a SI went missing and he couldn't come home for a week because they were on lockdown? Or he worked his butt off and only got a 2-1 on his NCOER? Or he got shot down for an award because of his rank? Or the dates change for a deployment and they leave 2 days before or come home two weeks later than planned.

You can love the life and still have issues with things. There is no shame in admitting that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess. I was an army wife for 12 whole years. I was upset when my husband got out because I loved being an army wife so much. we never had any problems when he was in. everybody has a different experience tho.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)