Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Took a ride in the ambulance...

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 28 Replies
Yesterday. Last thing I remember, I was on the phone with my mom, playing with kittens, then bam. On the floor, in the living room with like 6 people staring, poking, and I was wet. Apparently, I had spent the last 1 1/2 hours pressure washing the porch. Don't remember a thing, but it looks good. Don't know if I slipped on a wet floor or passed out. Feeling ok today, sore and my necks killing me. The er did a cat scan and blood work and sent me home. Kinda scary, loosing time like that. Oh, all tests came back ok.

Anybody ever loose time, non alcohol related?? Creeps me out.....
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeym23
by J3 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Ummm...that is scary.  I'm glad you are ok.  I lost about three days in a benedryl induced haze when I was a teen.  Creeped me out.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I was watching tv a few month ago and next thing my husband is calling my name and I'm sitting in out closet surrounded by folded clothes.... About 3 hours had passed. I chalked it up to having only gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before. But it was scary! Gald all your test came back okay!
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I have had that happen. They called them mini-seizures caused by silent migraines. I had it happen for 2 weeks, then it never happened again.

itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Benadryl is scary!! Was it like an overdose or a bad re action?

Quoting hopeym23:

Ummm...that is scary.  I'm glad you are ok.  I lost about three days in a benedryl induced haze when I was a teen.  Creeped me out.

itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Good thing he found you! :)

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

I was watching tv a few month ago and next thing my husband is calling my name and I'm sitting in out closet surrounded by folded clothes.... About 3 hours had passed. I chalked it up to having only gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before. But it was scary! Gald all your test came back okay!

new2012mommy
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM

yes! This happens to me..but i don't fully pass out...i black out and don't realize what i'm doing or how i'm doing it and i don't remember...i have whats neurocardiogenic syncope. If you have any questions or anything please feel free to message me! It's a very scary thing...there is medicine to help control it

itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Migraines seem to run in our family. My dad and one of my boys. I have been lucky enough to have not had one. This was just so weird, playing with cats, then down I was. My oldest told me I came to the door from cleaning the porch and asked for a towel. I have zero recollection of it.

Quoting katemckenzie:

I have had that happen. They called them mini-seizures caused by silent migraines. I had it happen for 2 weeks, then it never happened again.

twinmom86
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Holy shit that is scary. I've never had anything like that happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM
My mom did that a few times when she had a really really bad sinus infection.

It's usually called a fugue and can be caused by many things, including illness, stress or mood disorders. I hope they figure out what caused yours. Good luck
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Quoting itzmyzoo:

Yesterday. Last thing I remember, I was on the phone with my mom, playing with kittens, then bam. On the floor, in the living room with like 6 people staring, poking, and I was wet. Apparently, I had spent the last 1 1/2 hours pressure washing the porch. Don't remember a thing, but it looks good. Don't know if I slipped on a wet floor or passed out. Feeling ok today, sore and my necks killing me. The er did a cat scan and blood work and sent me home. Kinda scary, loosing time like that. Oh, all tests came back ok.

Anybody ever loose time, non alcohol related?? Creeps me out.....

LOL this made me laugh. Glad you were ok!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN