Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

His family is NOT my family added for info

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 135 Replies
1 mom liked this
I hear it all the time,family is family or when you marry someone you marry their family too.I don't consider dh's family mine too.I just don't,even his niece's and nephews that been born since we been together.He has a daughter she's HIS not mine I don't what to be referred to as her child grandma because I'm NOT !He has his family and I have mine.

Just little added info

For everyone saying our relationship won't last,well it has for 19 yrs now.

His nieces and nephews call me aunt.although I don't feel like their aunt I have never said anything.

Blood has nothing to do with anything.If they were good caring people it would be easy to accept them,but they are not.

Why would I love his daughter like he does? We seen her twice a yr,not really a lot of time to bond

Just because you have good in laws doesn't mean every one does
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM
18 moms liked this
He got a winner with you!
Family isn't just blood...it's people in your life that you love and that are important to you..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this

My mom claims 3 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren from my 1/2 sister. She loves it. And DH wouldn't know what to do with himself without his nieces and nephews (all from my side). Our families became our family once we got married. 

Anonandon
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

That sounds like a very tense and unpleasant situation.

meg0620
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this
My so and I aren't even married yet and my family is his and his is mine! I call all his aunts Aunt ..... My niece and nephew call him Uncle... I call his grandpa, grandpa. Etc! I love it.
Tay06
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this

... k?  Who cares? Hope you enjoy your boundaries.

anon1986East
by Kali on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Wow. Is there a particular reason you feel that way? I've never met anyone who thought that, and personally I can't imagine thinking like that. I adore my entire family, whether they are by blood or marriage and I've got a number of friends who I grew up with and consider family.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Well that sounds like a big happy family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

He got a winner with you!
Family isn't just blood...it's people in your life that you love and that are important to you..

I don't love and they aren't important to me
luckythreemom
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Why bother then? If it will still be a life of "mine" and "yours", really, why bother?
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I can kind of agree.  Though I don't feel as strict as you.  Some of DH's family have earned their way into my trust, some have drawn a distinct and clear line in the sand.  That is, until we come into some money or have something they want.  Then we're so very close and they've always loved me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)