Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

INVISIBLE LEASH FOR TODDLER! I'm so getting one of these *eta **eta2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies
3 moms liked this
http://www.mydamselpro.net/shop/productdetail.aspx?prod=BABY

Basically its this little panda that u clip onto your child and u carry the remote on you
When they get so many feet away it beeps.

I can work in my garden and let dd play in the back yard and if she runs to the front it'll beep and let me know!

You can use at large events with out having to worry about some uptight know it all getting in your buisness screaming child abuse for putting your child on a leash

Eta
My dd does help a lot in the gardens. Its a large garden though at least an acre and she likes to wander. This way she can play near by and I can continue working. If she starts to wander a little I can look up and see where she is and ask her to not go too far away. She's got about an acre from the garden to the front yard so its not like its going to beep when I'm in the gardens and she's 20ft from a car

Eta #2
I know its not a product for everyone or every situation but I'm glad I found some thing that will allow me to get my chores done with a little more piece of mind. I don't plan on using the product to replace my parenting. If I'm working the gardens though or feeding the animals and I know my dd is near by and the device isn't beeping...aka she's staying in the same area...I can focus on my work a little longer and let her play. Does that mean I'm going to complete ignore her and not still check on her no. If that makes me a bad parent in your eyes then I guess I'm a bad parent.

I personally don't see it as any different then having a baby monitor but there's never post about people not parenting for having one of those

Oh and I love all ladies saying youre a horrible mom if your eyes are not on your child at ALL times. As their eyes are on a screen. :). Yeah yeah I know your kid is sleeping.

Eta 3
I love how everyone keeps talking about how their perfect children would never dare to leave their side because they were "taught" respect and obediance.
Seriously unless you're beating your child(cause ya know that's an improvement from treating them like a dog by having them on a leash.)

Seriously I'm open to alternative suggestions.

Not one person has said anything along the lines of hey maybe try ______ instead
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Let me see if I can screen shot the ad brb
CocoBeen
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Clicky please
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:52 AM
7 moms liked this

thats just stupid. the kid will keep on running and walking away. a fucking beeping noise aint gonna stop a child.

shortychelle
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:54 AM

i tried to go to the website, but you have to "visit your pro's website before you can place an order".

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this
It beeps to alert u they're running away so u can go after them. The child doesn't even hear the beeping

Quoting Anonymous:

thats just stupid. the kid will keep on running and walking away. a fucking beeping noise aint gonna stop a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Mobile Photo

Anonandon
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:55 AM
3 moms liked this
Seems like a great idea on paper, but not so much in practice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmeBee
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Ya and so will a kidnapper

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Mobile Photo

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds stupid. I will keep my regular baby leash so they can't run into traffic before I can find and catch them thanks....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)