Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Explosive diarrhea what is the cause? Please help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I am up in the middle of the night with diarrhea. This happens way to often. I have gone to the ER because of it once (had diarrhea for 7 days) they said it was just a virus and it would go away on its own

This is what happens, I eat normally everything is okay. Then I get "egg burps" kinda like when you eat hard boiled eggs except I stopped eatting thoses so i could tell when this is coming. Then I get really gasy and then after a little bit there is a VERY VERY fine line between a fart and a shart. Then i feel sick to my stomach and am in a ton of pain even after I go. 

I know this is gross to be posting but it has happened 6 times this year and never before that. When I do get it I am burping (egg burps) while having liquid poop. It is like peeing out my ass and it is a yellow color every time. I have looked up many different things and there is always contradicting information. 

A lot of websites says it can be from feces. Well besides my own I do not touch any other peoples. When I am sick i use extra bathroom, do not let anyone else go in there, and after it is done disinfect everytime. I don't know what is wrong, where it is coming from, or how to stop it. 

ETA: it happens to my DH every once in awhile. But it happens to me a lot more often 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby5678
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Go to the naturopath and get tested for allergies

twade26
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:35 AM

You need to go see a gastroenterologist and have a colonoscopy done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:36 AM

I don't think it is allergies. It happens to DH every once in awhile but it affects me a lot more often 

Quoting Baby5678:

Go to the naturopath and get tested for allergies

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:36 AM

There is a specific infection that has a sulfur smell to it. Your dr can do a stool culture to determine the specific pathogen. You could irritable bowel syndrome, issues wth the colon, etc. You should see a gastrointerologst. Good luck

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:36 AM

You probably have an allergy.

Have you been tested for Celiac Disease.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:37 AM

What will that do

Quoting twade26:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:37 AM

I edited my post just before you commented. it happens to DH also but it happens to me a lot more often. So probably not an allergy right?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

twade26
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:39 AM

See if you have IBS or colon issues. The GI doc will take stool samples to see if you have something going on.

Quoting Anonymous:

What will that do

Quoting twade26:

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:40 AM

I would go see a Gastroenterologist. It could be a particularly bad bacteria that has gotten into your system.

Quoting Anonymous:

I edited my post just before you commented. it happens to DH also but it happens to me a lot more often. So probably not an allergy right?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

ckapps4911
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:42 AM

sounds like an intestinal thing....i have the same issue sometimes. the yellow color means that there is something in it that your body isnt digesting right. and the explosive part is because your body is flushing whatever it is that your eating that it cant digest. mine is due to gerd and that i cant eat certian foods. so if i eat it, it kills my stomach and my body wont digest it right so it flushes it out because it sees it as a threat.

it also happens to me in times of high stress.

and started happened when my gallbladder started acting up till it got to the point of attacks from it everytime i ate. i had it removed june 3rd. but this DOES NOT sound like that so dont worry about it...i only mentioned it incase u came across it in ur research and was worred. if it was then it would of gotten to the point of attacks of pain after eating within a month or so.

so odds are your body may have devopled a intolerace to a certian food or ingedient. or if you can think back if you were constipated for a day or so before the attacks of it then it could very well be that its just your bodys way of emptying out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)