Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Jesus! BE A PARENT AND BUY YOUR KID SOME TOYS!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 275 Replies
5 moms liked this
We live in a lower middle class area. We like for DD to play outside so we make sure to save and get her toys she will enjoy being outside with. However I've noticed that she is the only child on our block with a bike, scooter, water gun, and other small toys. These toys are not expensive. For the most part they can be found at garage sales for pennies on the dollar. The kids always want to "share" my DDs toys. She knows not to let others ride and use her more expensive stuff bit they ask anyways.They even have the audacity to ask if they can use them even if my DD isn't around or slowed to come out because of punishment.

At this point I'm starting to wonder why these kids parents don't go the the flea market or dollar store and buy them a couple toys. Their entitled brats should not have to keep asking my child to stop playing with her stuff so they can ride or play with it.

Enough is enough. When are these people going to parent up!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MynameisMummy
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Annoying... And terribly sad:(

Here's a bump... GL
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:15 AM
BUMP!
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:16 AM
8 moms liked this
People can't afford their kids. Noticed?
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:16 AM
3 moms liked this
aybe they dont have those few extra dollars to spare on a bike or water guns. Some families dont have any money in the budget for any extras
MissmeMissme
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Woah that is really sad :-(. What type of neighbourhood do you live in? 

Do you know any of the parents or talk to them ever?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:21 AM
3 moms liked this
Ugh! IK! People way so many on such small incomes. I just don't get it. We have one because if we had another we would live check to check. Giving DD a sibling is just not worth the headache.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM
2 moms liked this

probably never....start telling the kids who come over, to go home, and tell their parents to buy them what they want--your house is not a toy rental business

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol I like you

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh! IK! People way so many on such small incomes. I just don't get it. We have one because if we had another we would live check to check. Giving DD a sibling is just not worth the headache.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM
10 moms liked this

that is NO excuse to allow children to constantly beg off the neighbors

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

aybe they dont have those few extra dollars to spare on a bike or water guns. Some families dont have any money in the budget for any extras

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:25 AM
6 moms liked this
They can't set aside 10 dollars a month? I don't believe that. Most people spend three times that amount than that on fast-food in a week. They just don't want to be diligent and save. But why should they when their kids can just use my Childs toys?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)