Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The new Photo to Scare all Parents into the Chickenpox Vaccine

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 191 Replies

this photo will soon be hitting all magazines, and any other advertising vehicle, for the chicken pox vaccine

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:21 AM
5 moms liked this
Doesnt scare me at all, sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Chicken pox suck.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Not scary. It's funny to tape mittens or oven gloves to their hands so they don't scratch :) as long as his parents take care of him, he'll be fine.

Problem is the mess f parents who lay their feverish baby in his crib and don't watch him all night and in the morning the child's fever is out of control and who knows how long he was cooking for. Or parents who can't afford to miss work to stay home with their child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
It's just chicken pox. Why are we scared of it now?
lasombrs
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:27 AM
I had it three times :/ different strains doesn't scare me and I prove you can still get it if you are "immune"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Doesn't scare me, having had the pox myself I was all too happy to vaccinate my girls against it.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM
11 moms liked this

that's not scary, what they need to show is a video of an elderly person screaming in pain from shingles

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM
2 moms liked this

i've known a lot of people with shingles in the  last 40yrs, and none of them were ever screaming in pain

Quoting shivasgirl:

that's not scary, what they need to show is a video of an elderly person screaming in pain from shingles

Punchyobuns
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I remember being itchy. I'm okay now though, and that pic just looks like an itchy baby with chicken pox. I want to give him hugs and oatmeal baths.

tifferie
by A$$tastic on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I had shinglea at 30. My immune system was wrecked due to the steroids they had me on. Worst pain ever! Took 3 weeks to go away. I only had one huge spot on my bra line. I don't want my kids to go through that.

Quoting shivasgirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)