Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Boyfriend's advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
How would you take it if your boyfriend told you how to parent. And this boyfriend doesn't have kids but knows people and has sisters who do. This is make believe so if your married pretend like your dating.

Maybe I'm just tired but I'm getting kind of tired of my boyfriend telling me how to parent. Right now we are trying to put my son in his own crib. I've been cosleeping with him. It just irritates me that he tells me what I'm doing wrong. He is really helpful and a very good father figure so far. How would you feel?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Val99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

He wouldnt be my bf if he couldn't understand boundaries.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this

If you are choosing to live with him, and make him a part of your life, he has to be able to help with the parenting. Otherwise, you shouldn't be with him.

CelestialSong
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Boyfriend needs to learn to respect your parenting decisions.

yorkiemaz
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM
2 moms liked this

tell him to mind his own business. your the parent not him.

MynameisMummy
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd tell him he can sleep in the crib if he wants. But ds was here first, and he is number one. Period. GL
shimmifairy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:26 AM
4 moms liked this

If you're giving him the role of father figure, then you've given him the right to chime in with his opinions and ideas about raising children...and in effect, he does have a child...yours...

If you didn't want this kind of thing to happen, if you don't plan on marriage and official step fatherhood, then you need to make the boundries clear at the beginning....

mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:26 AM
That may backfire later.

Quoting yorkiemaz:

tell him to mind his own business. your the parent not him.

mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

This is a good reason as to why I won't date a guy without kids... They do not know half of what they think they know. Maybe try talking to him  and tell him that you don't appreciate being told that what you are doing is wrong and that if he wants to help, more power to him but to quit with the negative thoughts.

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM
You live together?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:30 AM
The thing that I'm afraid of is this not working out. He would help parent my son and then this guy isn't around anymore like his dad.

Quoting shimmifairy:

If you're giving him the role of father figure, then you've given him the right to chime in with his opinions and ideas about raising children...and in effect, he does have a child...yours...

If you didn't want this kind of thing to happen, if you don't plan on marriage and official step fatherhood, then you need to make the boundries clear at the beginning....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)