Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A mother freaked out at my daughter…wdyt?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 215 Replies

My 17 year old daughter is a counsellor at a day camp. Her age group is 12 year old girls.

Two days ago, one of the girls came to my daughter while on a field trip and said she had her period, but didn't have any supplies. My daughter gave her a tampon, because that's all she had, but didn't think anything of it (it wasn't the girl's first time or anything).

Today, the girl's mother came in and was livid, yelling at my daughter for providing her daughter a tampon when she doesn't allow her to use them. My daughter stayed calm, and the camp directors were on her side, but she thought the mother was absolutely insane when she got home and was laughing about it, but I could tell she was upset.

What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM
58 moms liked this
I think if the mother is tat worried about what supplies here child uses, she should make sure her dd is always well stocked.
Momto8kidsyay
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Goofy. Some parents are just mean. My dd is the same age and has the same type job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:34 PM
5 moms liked this

I think if she is that concerned over tampons the teenage years are going to put her in a mental institution. LOL!!

bandzbandzbandz
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:34 PM
3 moms liked this

but her virginity... sarcasm btw, babies.

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM
What a psycho.
IncognitoOne
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM

What a peach.

I'd be thankful my daughter was save from embarrassment. If she didn't want her to have a tampon, she should have made sure her daughter always has a couple of pads with her.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM

bitches be cray

ladyluvbug03
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:36 PM
4 moms liked this
I think your daughter is awesome! I'm sure the young girl appreciated it and her mother is in the wrong, she should have made sure she was prepared. Kudos to your daughter for staying calm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Then the mother should of sent the proper supplies.

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:36 PM
6 moms liked this

I've seen that reaction before, and I must admit, it baffles me. What exactly is the objection to tampons? How could you deny your dd the convenience of a tampon? Menstruation is so inconvenient as it is, why wouldn't you want to make it easier if you could. I just don't get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured