Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

THANK GOD ! Ugh no boys

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 197 Replies
Thank god I don't have boys. I want all girls. I have a dd. I babysit a boy currently and have watched mannnnny in my life. Here are my reasons (obviously I know every child is different but this is how I feel for the most part) 1- they are really rough . They aren't afraid of anything , they like tackling, they like body slamming , they like jumping off things etc etc. 2- In my experience they take longer to learn. This isn't a basic intelligence thing.... It's needing to be told over and over after suffering the same consequences . 3- ON AVERAGE they take wayyyyy longer to potty train and have less urge to please you.

Yes girls are more emotional and whinny . But my dd is NOT clingy and is very eager to please which is the same with the other girls I've watched . They adore being "helpers" , all the boys don't listen . They won't clean up the toys and will drag their feet with any task EVEN though they have nooooooooo problem running 10 thousand freaking miles an hour going no where in circles doing nothing to drive you crazy . I want all girls fingers crossed .

What's your Take on this ? Any truth in it in your experience? .... And yes yes we know we all love children regardless of gender I got that.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Bump
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM

My daughter is just as rough as her brothers.....and she's not even 1 yet.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM
5 moms liked this
The teenage years...Nuff said. I'm terrified of when DD hits that stage. Not worried about DS at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I love my son to death, but my dd's I would take million of them. I agree with what you have said.

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Your description of boys sounds JUST like my DD and your girl description fits my DS.

DD is my risk taker, tree climber (falls out, hurts head, climbs again immediately), ER regular and DS is my emotional, whiny, (more so than DD), aim to please kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 2 girls and 1 very special needs little boy. I'd take 10 boys over 1 girl but my dds' are tweens and teens. Boys are easier imo but personally I think my kids could be aliens and I'd still be crazy about them. Love those kids I do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM
I have three boys. They didn't potty train until 3, break everything, and are stubborn little monsters. But... My oldest is 7 and he's just now turning into such a great helper with things, that it's paying off.

They are also super affectionate and sweet... When they're not breaking everything in the house.
Momto8kidsyay
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I love 'em all.
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this

You realize what you've done here, right? You have just cursed yourself with triplet boys with your next pregnancy (evil laugh). Seriously, though.  Yeah, most boys are like that. But I had a girl just like that too. THere are no guarantees. I prefer boys, actually. I can't stand the girly girly stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)