Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wtf, seriously! update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 171 Replies
1 mom liked this

For the past three days my 7 year old son has wanted to "paint" marshmallows with food coloring. I've told him no. The first day he snuck it upstairs. He got caught ad his favorite toy was taken away. It has been non stop talk on coloring marshmallows. We all go to bed early, he snuck downstairs and got the bag of marshmallows and the food coloring ( which was on the top shelf of our entertainment center) and took it in his room and was coloring the marshmallows and trying to feed his brother some, who is almost six but he was sleeping. I heard a noise and got up to check. This was the first night we did not give him his melatonin sleeping pill thing. He is ADHD, and has OCD. So we took Mario away, I do not know what else to do. Is this normal behavior for a child? 

Update- I would like to state firstly that I was busy studying for finals.  Which I finished yesterday.Just because I said no to ONE project my son wanted to do, does not make me stuck up, selfish or whatever anyone else stated. He had his appointment with his psychiatrist this morning and she agreed with me.  He knows better and we have been working on way to get him to focus on other things, not just one thing at all times. I am sure most of you on here have told your child no at some point or another when they wanted to do something.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM
20 moms liked this

Maybe you should have just let him paint the marshmallows during the day and he wouldn't have had to sneak.  It seems like a harmless child, "craft", type thing.  He probably saw it on TV and wanted to try it.

nyxiemist
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Perhaps telling him if he was good, you would let him. My dd would have probably done that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I could have, but I told him it is only for cookies. I have no idea where he got the idea.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Maybe you should have just let him paint the marshmallows during the day and he wouldn't have had to sneak.  It seems like a harmless child, "craft", type thing.  He probably saw it on TV and wanted to try it.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM
11 moms liked this
Just let him paint the damn marshmallows. Seems harmless enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crescentstar2
by Anne on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this

no kidding, unless you are the marshmallow nazi. in that case Stay Puff Mashmallow man stay awah

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I just do not see the point with the marshmallows. We do a lot of activities, but that is one I did not want to do.

Quoting nyxiemist:

Perhaps telling him if he was good, you would let him. My dd would have probably done that.

nyxiemist
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I think I may surprise my kids with this. They would love it!

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM
You shouldve just gave him some paper, took like a drop or two of food coloring and added water and let him water paint and be creative.

Thats just my opinion though.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Let him paint the marshmallows to his hearts content.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM

We do the painting with paint, yogurt, stuff like that. 

Quoting mlg1989:

You shouldve just gave him some paper, took like a drop or two of food coloring and added water and let him water paint and be creative.

Thats just my opinion though.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)