Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do we need a lawyer?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Customer at hubby's old place of employment had a fake credit card with his real name on it and used it to purchase thousands of dollars of electronics...hubby unfortunately was the one to run the transaction because he was the manager and it was a large transaction... of course he checked id and at the time everything checked out.... then the store started to receive chargebacks afterwords the store received a visit from law enforcement advising them of what this customer was up to...my hubby is helping law enforcement by giving a statement and all but his boss fired him for being the one to run the transaction. ...my hubby followed protocol checked id and it matched the name on the card the owner of the store and law enforcement even went through the stores cameras to make sure there was no funny business...and the only reason he ran the transaction is because of the amount and he was the manager...was that grounds for termination?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM
What state are you in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Fl

Quoting Anonymous:

What state are you in?

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Depends on if you live in an at-will state.  If you do, they can fire him for wearing socks.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't think so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:25 PM
If you're in a "right to work state" he has little grounds but can certainly apply for, and likely receive, unemployment.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this

No.  He followed the protocols in place at the store.  You may not need a lawyer, but see if there is a labor board or a Civil Rights Comission in your area and file a complaint.  He may not get his job back, but it would put the store owner on notice that he can't do that.  My daughter filed against her employer for not stopping the sexual harrassment she was getting at work and continuing to schedule her with the guy doing it.  She was found in the right and won a small monetary settlement from them.  More importantly, she had it put in the settlement that they had to have retraining in the sexual harrrassment laws for our area.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Change the spelling before they flame you.

Miss_Mandy80
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

If he followed protocol I don't see why or how they could have legally fired him...BUT I could be very wrong. Hope it all works out...just call a lawyer, they will definitely know. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
FL is an at will state. They can fire him because the voices in their heads told them to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured