Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm DONE, I'm GONE

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM
  • 57 Replies
11 moms liked this

my husband and i  have been having problems in the last year or so. lack of communication, no intimacy, and hurt feelings on both sides. i had hit bottom, and was seriously considering moving out. i confronted him on saturday afternoon, and told him i was unhappy. he sat there and stared at me, and really didn't respond. then he shouted at me, that he needed me to help him. (he's a hoarder and i moved out of our room, he wanted me to help him clean it for the umpteenth time).

the phone rang and we took a little time apart. when we started talking again, i took my bff's advice and took ownership for MY part in our misery. he opened up to me, and told me he feels like i shut myself off f/ him. i told him, i feel like he doesn't listen to me, so i stopped talking. i told him that every morning i have to make a conscious effort not to leave. he said, "not leaving is not the same as deciding to stay."

we talked, cried, and laughed. by the time we finished talking, we decided once a week, to reconnect. movie at home on saturday nights, w/ our dd8, watching our dds 7&3, in their bedroom. and weekends my teens are home, maybe a dinner or movie, in the city. 

we've been making an EFFORT to be kinder to each other, hold hands, kiss when we enter our home, say i love you, and this morning he asked me to dance in our kitchen. 

i think you have to learn to give a little, and take stock of YOUR impact on your marriage. after 10 years together, 8 years married, 5 children total, it's worth it. i just wanted to share, i'm happier than i have been in a long time, and i almost threw it all away. 

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ksueditz
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:54 PM
2 moms liked this
fart noise
ksueditz
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM

appreciate the bump! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

fart noise

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM
3 moms liked this
Sadly so many would rather throw it away that put the effort in to work on it.. I'm happy you and your husband have started on the road back to a happy marriage! Good luck mommy and good for you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats for talking it out instead if walking away! Oh yea...bump :)
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

best of luck as you two work on this :) it's good to see y'all giving it a fighting chance.

ksueditz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM

thank you, i really think it was a long time coming. :)

Quoting Cbreland07:

Sadly so many would rather throw it away that put the effort in to work on it.. I'm happy you and your husband have started on the road back to a happy marriage! Good luck mommy and good for you!

ksueditz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM

thank you. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Congrats for talking it out instead if walking away! Oh yea...bump :)

ksueditz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM

thank you. :)

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

best of luck as you two work on this :) it's good to see y'all giving it a fighting chance.

BeautyFull
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I smile with all my heart!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN