Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know ill get bashed but idk what to do(school clothes/ supplies)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 142 Replies
All was going good. Found out I was pregnant beginning of June started buying baby stuff. ..bassinet crib bedding ect. July comes and we found out that we have bedbugs. We had to throw out our bed, our couch and loveseat and all the stuff I got for the baby. We are back at square one. We purposely had not bought our daughter who will be going to kindergarten any supplies or clothes because we didn't want to bring stuff in and have her ruin it. Now we don't have the money and we don't want to bring clothes in to get bugs in.
We had to buy tons of bug spays and foggers and bed covers for my daughters and sons beds. Nothing is working now we will have to spend money on an exterminator that we don't have money for and I am so overwhelmed.

I know kindergarten is not required and we are not ready so im really thinking about not sending her. If I had known what would happen I would of really tried to plan for it but I don't even know how ee got the damn bugs. Its a nightmare!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelsey89
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Doesn't she have any clothes? I think schools supply kindergarteners with supplies.

zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM

No, I had to buy school supplies for my kids in Kindergarten

besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
7 moms liked this

Why did you waste money on baby stuff as soon as you found out you were pregnant? That's a waste I think.. especially when you now cannot afford for your daughter to have a few new outfits/supplies.

MomJessto3
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
3 moms liked this

she can wear the clothes she has and you can go to doller tree for supplies or explain to the teacher or school your situation and they will help you with supplies i am sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Yes she has clothes most are pretty rough since we have been putting off buying clothes. I have not received any information on what we need to buy vs what the school provides.

Quoting Kelsey89:

Doesn't she have any clothes? I think schools supply kindergarteners with supplies.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
8 moms liked this

Sad that a child would miss out on school due to not having the latest fashion.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I never had bed bugs, so please excuse my ignorance.You have to throw everything out?You couldn't have gotten the stuff sprayed or something?

ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

How old is your daughter?

My dd's birthday is in August and last year she barely made the cutoff to attend Kindergarten. We decided, since she would be the youngest in kindergarten, to wait one more year. dd will start kindergarten this fall instead and I feel so good about our decision to give her an extra year. She already has attended a montessori preschool since the age of 3 and I thought it was a great idea to give our dd the gift of time. She was ready for kindergarten last year, but now she is much more mature and confident.

If you do decide to have your dd attend kindergarten you could buy her clothes at a thrift store or seek help from a church/charity. Another thing... you can ALWAYS talk to the kindergarten teacher and say that you cannot supply the school supplies right now, but will be able to purchase them later during the school year.

Best of luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM
6 moms liked this
I'm confused for one why you bought so much stuff for the baby when you just got pregnant before buying any school supplies. And second why did you throw it all away? Bed bugs can be gotten rid of with out throwing furniture away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Yes I agree stupid of me. I got excited had this not happened I would have no problem getting her stuff. This shit is going to cost like $1000+ to get rid of.

Quoting besosfantasies:

Why did you waste money on baby stuff as soon as you found out you were pregnant? That's a waste I think.. especially when you now cannot afford for your daughter to have a few new outfits/supplies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)