Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got a parking ticket and am fighting it. It is complete BS.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

First, I am a vendor at a farmer's market. We had been told last summer to park at the top of the hill on the grass so that we were close to where we set up. So, I saw other vendors there and parked there again. The market is across from a very busy beach, so there are no parking spots. Well, I parked where I usually do and got a ticket. I asked the cop why, there wasn't a no parking sign. He pointed at the stark white sign in the first picture and said that it said no parking. I walked up to it and if I squinted, I could make out the words very faintly. I would never have known what it said had he not told me. The very next day, a new sign was put up. See the difference.

What do you think? Was a parking ticket fair? Honestly, I didn't really even notice it because it didn't say anything. I thought it must say something on the other side of the sign, not thinking about the fact that the sign pole was on the other side.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hddcooper
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM
No I do not think its fair and I would fight too. You can clearly see the speed limit sign but not a no parking sign.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I don't know if you can beat it since it is posted, I know you still get a speeding ticket even when no sign is posted. Good luck.

petie1104
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Take the pics in with you. Yes, you can fight that one.
Val99
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM

You couldn't pay me to bother fighting a parking ticket.  Taking time out of work, fighing traffic, paying for parking, then sitting hours waiting for it to be called?  Hell no.  I can make 10 times the cost of most parking tickets in an hour of work so no way would I waste my time with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I am hoping that they are reasonable about it. Really, I would never have parked there if it hadn't always been okay in the past.........if I knew what the heck the sign said.

hautemama83
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I'd fight it if I were you. That's bs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Quoting Val99:

You couldn't pay me to bother fighting a parking ticket.  Taking time out of work, fighing traffic, paying for parking, then sitting hours waiting for it to be called?  Hell no.  I can make 10 times the cost of most parking tickets in an hour of work so no way would I waste my time with that.

It is more the principle with me. It bugs me that they flooded people with tickets all of a sudden knowing that you couldn't read the sign. They had at least four officers walking around that day just giving out tickets. They had never done that before. I had no idea that I was parked illegally. They have the hearings at my town hall. It won't be that much of a hassle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)