Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice - ex husband and child support

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 32 Replies
So my ex and I have 2 girls together. We have been divorced now for 3 years. When we got divorced it was ordered that he pay me 110 dollars a week. In the past 3 years he has paid me $130. I didn't try to take him to court because he was going to school full time, but I just recently found out that he is working so I decided to go back to court to see if I could get something from him.

When he got the court papers in the mail, he called me and told me he will start giving me at least $110 weekly and that he is getting his house ready to put on the market and when his house sells he will give me all of the back child support that he owes me.

One condition so to speak, he wants me to withdraw my petion to court. So that he doesn't have to show up. I am not quite sure why he wouldn't want to go to court and was looking for anyone with any advice for me. What should I do?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
he is probably lying that he will pay and doesn't want to be.forced to pay. idk maybe.

good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM
He's either lying and won't pay, of knows you can get a lot more now
Mailiismine1012
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I was thinking. Maybe he is making more money than what I think he is and I would end up getting more than that. I was thinking if he is willing to make these promises to me, why can't he make them in front of a judge?
heavenly1462
by Jessica on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:26 AM
This. Go through the courts. That way everything is documented and legal.

Quoting Anonymous:

hautemama83
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I say just go forward with it. And make sure you request a wage garnishment.
PyschMeh
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Of course he doesn't want you to, that's just human nature. I'm sure you can go ahead and take him to court and still be able to do his plan, wait till he sells the house and get it all paid off. Just negotiate.

paganmommy4
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM

thats why i always check the box have it taken out of his paycheck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Sounds like the court would likely raise his support so he doesn't want that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM
He's trying to fuck you over. Don't be naive. He wants you to sign off the back child support, then once that's over he will only pay you monthly what he is forced to (maybe). Also maybe he's making a lot more and doesn't want the child support raised. Don't trust a man that hasn't supported his kids for years.
ravenseeyore
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Sounds like he's hiding something.  My first thought was that he'll pay it for a month or 2 then stop again. He's got alot of arrearage to make up for and you should be getting that as well as the original amount of cs. In addition I would ask that he has to pay the cs through the local Child Support Enforcement office or Clerk of Courts, whichever one your state uses.  The reason for this is so that you can both prove how much you have gotten. If he gives it to you directly, he can say he gave you more than he really did.  And that is a nightmare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)