Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Woah! some of you moms are so mean when it comes to baby names new information

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 142 Replies

do you really go out of your way to be that mean and cruel in regards to childrens names in real life to peoples faces?? i mean, woah! i have read some crazy stuff. My b\g twins are whylee and makelly and our newest girl is callaway. we chose names we loved not names that would need to be approved by every other parent in the world.

Ok well here is a edit because its weird how no one in real life has ever had a problem with pronouncing the name after seeing it or what but woah, her name is pronounced EMMA KELLY (the MA is like the end of EMMA) MaKelly. it just does not seem that hard but whatever.

Seriously i am disturbed at how many of you still cant seem to pronounce it. if you saw the name Makenna or Makayla you would automatically know how to pronounce them, Makelly is just the freaking same! wooowwaa

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:49 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM
4 moms liked this
Those poor kids
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I agree it's wrong to bash someone's name choices. But, on Cafemom you get bashed for just about everything.

By the way, Callaway is a cute name!
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM
2 moms liked this

seriously I think the whole thing about discussing and spreading opinions on names is stupid. I almost never participate in them because they are a waste of time. Who gives a damn what someone names their kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM

thanks. the negativity towards names here is outrageous, why cant people let it be.

Quoting KaylinC03:

I agree it's wrong to bash someone's name choices. But, on Cafemom you get bashed for just about everything.

By the way, Callaway is a cute name!

Anonandon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM

interesting 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I never even knew that anyone made fun of children's name until i came in here.

I see people say to others that their kids will be teased for their name. I have never IRL seen kids or adults actually making fun of another name.
lulalacroix
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM
3 moms liked this
Mostly, I don't care. But if a parent gives "interesting" spellings then she shouldn't be upset that someone cannot pronounce it.
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

If people make a post asking for opinions on names I am honest in my reply.

Amybelle
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

and yet you made this post.........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)