Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child spends night away? age? Why?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: 1st night away

Options:

before 2 weeks

2-6 weeks

2-4 months

4-6 months

6-8 months

8-10 months

10-12 months

older than 1 yr

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

How old was you LO when they spent their first night away from you? Why?.

How old do you think is to young? Why?

My Child was14 months, and it was in preperation for my 3 night stay in the hospital to have her little sister. We did this about once or twice a month after 14 month until the birth so she would be use to sleeping at her aunties. To this day besides 2 nights at her nana's one of which I was in the hospital with her sister (my mil) she has only stayed with her auntie.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:08 AM

BUMP!

Anonandon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM

away from me?  around 4 months (funeral out of town).  away from both of us, 2.5 years (when my son was born).

Punchyobuns
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM

My daughter is 10 months and I've never been apart for her longer than three hours. I will be having a baby when she is around 13 months old, but she and my husband will be at the hospital with me, so idk when she will spend a night away from me. Probably not for several more years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:11 AM

They wouldn't allow her to stay with us because I was having a C section

Quoting Punchyobuns:

My daughter is 10 months and I've never been apart for her longer than three hours. I will be having a baby when she is around 13 months old, but she and my husband will be at the hospital with me, so idk when she will spend a night away from me. Probably not for several more years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:12 AM

if it wouldn't have been in preperation for the 2=3 days i would be in hospital we wouldn't have done it that early hell she probably still wouldn't have been away from us overnight and she is now over 2

Quoting Anonandon:

away from me?  around 4 months (funeral out of town).  away from both of us, 2.5 years (when my son was born).

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM

DD was 4 months old when she slept at my mother's house. DH and I were moving into our home.

TSNDDY
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM
My daughter didn't do any overnights away from me until after she weaned around 2 years old. They were just fun one night sleepovers at grandmas house.
My son hasn't spent a night away from me yet and he just turned 2..
Hi_Rae
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Dh and I are going to a concert in September, ds will have his first over night that night. He will be 17 months old
Punchyobuns
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I hope everything goes smoothly... We're a military family and most of the people we know are moving right before I'm due to have the baby, so I'm not sure yet on what plan b is!!

Quoting Anonymous:

They wouldn't allow her to stay with us because I was having a C section

Quoting Punchyobuns:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Dd was somewhere between 4-8 weeks old. We are in no way protective parents and at both trust our parents to care for her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)