Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS was called. AGAIN!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 35 Replies
3 moms liked this
And I'm kind of happy about it. I'm fighting in court bc dd's father sexually abused her. And CPS has done at least 3 investigations on this issue and each time came up that there wasn't any credible evidence. He wants visitations, which he currently has at a facility, they're fighting to get unsupervised visits.

When it happened I contacted VIBS and they got back to me four months later and I've been taking her to a counselor there. She has been seeing the counselor for about a month and for the first time they talked about the abuse (dd is 3). And so her counselor called me and told me she contacted CPS and then a detective called me shortly later.

I'm really hopeful this time. I think that things might be turning around for us.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM

What do they want a signed confession from his sorry butt that he did it??

Why didn't they have any evidence?? After 3 investigations they had to have come up with something...

petitekatie
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

((HUGS))

paganmommy4
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:18 AM

awesome. Im dealing with the same thing. My dd is seven. And just waiting for her to have another interview again her dad has zero contact but something needs to be done about him

Punchyobuns
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Idk what to say so...hugs

sophiasmom414
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM
You're right. But what happened was that a report was put out by the therapist I took her to in the first place. But the report was messed up somehow, and they wrote that it was an anonymous caller instead of a mandated reporter. And then another report was made by the court when he took me there, and then it was done again by the courts. But they didn't take it seriously bc they didn't believe it.

The doctor told me that there was no physical damage that she could see. That she can't tell if anything did of didn't happen. And then they said that she was too young to take her word for it basically.

Quoting Sassy762:

Why didn't they have any evidence?? After 3 investigations they had to have come up with something...

sophiasmom414
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:26 AM
I hope everything works out, I know how hard it is. And I know what you mean, I told my lawyer that we should be going to court to put this guy in jail not for visitations.

Quoting paganmommy4:

awesome. Im dealing with the same thing. My dd is seven. And just waiting for her to have another interview again her dad has zero contact but something needs to be done about him

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

UnFreakingBelievable.....smdh   That is just ridiculous.....

I know of one sure way to solve this problem once and for all............................

Quoting sophiasmom414:

You're right. But what happened was that a report was put out by the therapist I took her to in the first place. But the report was messed up somehow, and they wrote that it was an anonymous caller instead of a mandated reporter. And then another report was made by the court when he took me there, and then it was done again by the courts. But they didn't take it seriously bc they didn't believe it.

The doctor told me that there was no physical damage that she could see. That she can't tell if anything did of didn't happen. And then they said that she was too young to take her word for it basically.

Quoting Sassy762:

Grumpylilpixy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Well they have to play devils advocate. I am sure they see calls like this all the time between parents because they want a hand up in court and custody.

A call will open an investigation. A child saying " He touched me" doesn't always stand up in court, so they maybe looking into evidence.

If word of mouth is all it took to convict someone, I am sure we would all be in trouble for something.

Quoting Sassy762:

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:34 AM
2 moms liked this

That is true......to damn true actually

CPS  (ACS in NY) is a screwed up Agency....they need to be overhauled/reorganized again. Whenever they go through a re-organization they are actually on the ball as far as thoroughly investigating abuse allegations but after a certain period of time they become lax again

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Well they have to play devils advocate. I am sure they see calls like this all the time between parents because they want a hand up in court and custody.

A call will open an investigation. A child saying " He touched me" doesn't always stand up in court, so they maybe looking into evidence.

If word of mouth is all it took to convict someone, I am sure we would all be in trouble for something.

Quoting Sassy762:

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Wow! thats heartbreaking for your dd. good luck in making sure that shes safe by keeping this sicko away from her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured