Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

daughter is 15 months and in a toddler bed...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM
  • 36 Replies

most moms feel the need to tell me that's way to young to put her in a toddler bed but she wasn't comfortable in the play-pen. she'd wake up sweating to all heaven, she'd throw herself around to get comfortable.

she's happy in her big girl bed. so go ahead, tell me how unsafe it is to put her in a toddler bed, that has a railing on it, and that she's comfortable in. i take full responsibility

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tdoubleday04
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:33 AM

there isn't a reason she cant be in that bed.  

MommyLehr
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:35 AM
My kids got put in a toddler bed the day they climbed out of the crib. It was around 10 months for both of them.
beautiful.GIRL1
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:36 AM

i was told it's unsafe for her because she can get out of bed and get into things which could possibily hurt her. therefore im an unresponsible mom. but theres nothing for her to get into besides stuffed animals and her toys.

Quoting tdoubleday04:

there isn't a reason she cant be in that bed.  

thetrollcat
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:37 AM

not I mine both graduated to a toddler bed as soon as they turned one

tdoubleday04
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

oh boy...5 year olds can too.  I have a sn dd should i keep her in a crib her whole life?  she was climbing out her crib at your dd age.  She actually was just falling over it, not climbing down it so I put her in a toddler bed.  bash away lol.  it was the right call.  

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:38 AM
My 15 month old sleeps in a queen bed... With me and DF lol :3
beautiful.GIRL1
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:38 AM

she's happy in it so i dont see the harm but apparently it's unresponsible cause she can get into stuff and get out of bed on her own.

Quoting thetrollcat:

not I mine both graduated to a toddler bed as soon as they turned one

orliesmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:39 AM

She looks so cute in it. My daughter sleeps the same way mine is 19 months and I am trying to get her into a toddler bed for months now, hubby doesnt want her in one we co slept with her. She sleeps some nights in her crib and some nights with us. We have another on the way so I am hopeing transition will be complete by the time baby is here.

There is no reason your lil girl cant sleep in there. she looks peaceful

villagemamma
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:40 AM

DD was in a toddler bed shortly after she turned one. She kept climbing out of her crib and i had to make sure that she was safe.

teal_phoenix
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I am wanting to do it about that time as well...

She is adorable!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)