Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm on the Do Not Call Registry and telemarketers still call me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this
OMFG, it is so annoying. Our registration is up-to-date but I still get telemarketers calling. One of the numbers is so similar to my mom's that I answered it thinking it was her only to be offered some stupid services. I've filed complaints but nothing seems to be working. This may seem like the most trivial thing but it is an incredible nuisance, especially since I thought I wouldn't be receiving anymore of these calls.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonandon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:44 AM
If it's a charity or government they're exempt. Otherwise keep reporting. It seems like most "telemarketing" calls anymore are really scams though, so the numbers change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:46 AM

I would ask them what company do they work for, manager and then file in the bbb. I would also ask to speak to the manager of the company (make sure you get their name and the employee's name) and tell them it's illegal for them to call people on the do not call list. That you will be reporting them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I don't think they are either. Sometimes I hang up before getting a name for the company. I just don't want to hear their BS!

Quoting Anonandon:

If it's a charity or government they're exempt. Otherwise keep reporting. It seems like most "telemarketing" calls anymore are really scams though, so the numbers change.
BluePandaDreams
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:47 AM
It seems any more they ignore the do not call lists, as well as, requests to stop calling. That's why I'm mean when I answer the phone. That seems to be the only way they get the message.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I will try that. My husband told one of them that we are on the DNC list and they just hung up and called at a later time. Ugh.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would ask them what company do they work for, manager and then file in the bbb. I would also ask to speak to the manager of the company (make sure you get their name and the employee's name) and tell them it's illegal for them to call people on the do not call list. That you will be reporting them.

BluePandaDreams
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:48 AM
That don't work either. They either cuss back at you or hang up when you ask for a supervisor.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

If they are a business that has ever done business with you ever in your lifetime, they are exempt. If they are your health insurance company or a contractor of the company, they are exempt. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Maybe I need to start being mean lol. I usually just hang up so maybe that is their invitation to keep calling.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

It seems any more they ignore the do not call lists, as well as, requests to stop calling. That's why I'm mean when I answer the phone. That seems to be the only way they get the message.
Anonandon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Don't answer. Also never press anything to be taken off the list, they'll just call more because they know it's an active number. I was told both of those by a former telemarketer.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think they are either. Sometimes I hang up before getting a name for the company. I just don't want to hear their BS!

Quoting Anonandon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelamb303
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I do as well, and I report them, over and over.  Most of the time it works

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)