Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby head banger

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
My 11 month old starting getting bruises on the top of her head at her hairline. We could not figure out what it was. Finally one night I went in to check on her and she was sound asleep but on her hands and knees rocking. She was hitting her head on the bars of the crib. She will pull the bumper pad down. We have researched it and found that it is a form of comfort for some babies. Has anyone else had a child that did this? What can we do for her? She is not bumping her head hard but it is consistently in the same spot. Her hairline looks like one big bruise.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Connorsmommy13
by cute and fluffy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:45 AM

mine did that...he out grew it...

Kaitlin123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:45 AM
My son did it for awhile but he grew out of it. Try giving her a soft blanket for security and comfort.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:46 AM
That is a food idea. Thank you

Quoting Kaitlin123:

My son did it for awhile but he grew out of it. Try giving her a soft blanket for security and comfort.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Did it take long.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Wow, weird. Mine doesn't but my nephew did it as a way to punish his mother. Here's a bump for u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Punish? For what?

Quoting Nynnie:

Wow, weird. Mine doesn't but my nephew did it as a way to punish his mother. Here's a bump for u

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Bump
Nynnie
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Being mean to him, I think. Not giving him what he wanted or giving someone else her attention. As he got older he'd say she hates him so he hates himself. She was scared to take him to a phyciatrist because she didn't want them to take him away, he eventually stopped though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Punish? For what?

Quoting Nynnie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by cute and fluffy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Did it take long.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Ummmm by 2 he was done! I think it is just selfsoothing like your reasearch said.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:00 AM
That is crazy. This would definitely not be the same lol. She is my little princess and very much spoiled.

Quoting Nynnie:

Being mean to him, I think. Not giving him what he wanted or giving someone else her attention. As he got older he'd say she hates him so he hates himself. She was scared to take him to a phyciatrist because she didn't want them to take him away, he eventually stopped though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Punish? For what?

Quoting Nynnie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)