• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where's my VBAC mamas at!?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:44 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
I recently (7 days ago) VBAC'd. I went in for a csection, because I was terrified and I already had a condition that could easily put the baby in distress. I didn't want to cause any unnecessary harm to my baby, so a csection seemed like a fool proof method. When we arrived for me to have it, they checked me and I was already 2 cm dilated. Not much but they asked if I wanted to start pitocin and see how it goes. So after 12 hours I was fully dilated and ready to push!! He was born and set on my stomach and I've never felt more empowered in my life. I feel like a real woman now. I didn't feel like one after my csection. I actually gave real birth and it was amazing. I will never forget that 47 minutes of pushing and holding my baby right after!!

Share your VBAC story!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Congratulations. :-)

I had a HBA2C. It was an amazing experience. ♥♥
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Grata on the new one! No matter how they came out :)
macysmom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Maybe a home birth should be next on my list!

Quoting NiamhWitch:

Congratulations. :-)

I had a HBA2C. It was an amazing experience. ♥♥

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macysmom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
villagemamma
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM

This makes me so optimistic! i am sooooo torn right now as to whether to have another csection or to try and push for a vbac.

I am terrified about being in labor forever just to be forced to have an emergency csection because everyone keeps telling me that so much worse for recovery.! thanks ladies for sharing your stories!

macysmom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I felt the same way because my first ended in an emergency csection. At least try, unless something is going wrong. I am sure you will do fine !

Quoting villagemamma:

This makes me so optimistic! i am sooooo torn right now as to whether to have another csection or to try and push for a vbac.

I am terrified about being in labor forever just to be forced to have an emergency csection because everyone keeps telling me that so much worse for recovery.! thanks ladies for sharing your stories!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macysmom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)