Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My teen daughter's drama! Help me please! *UPDATE IN BLUE!*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 162 Replies
2 moms liked this

My daughter is 14 and One Direction is her world. She bought four tickets with all of the money she's been saving for almost 3 years now. Birthdays, Christmas, New Years, allowances. She had been killing herself with excitement for so long.

On Sunday night, my dd, two of her friends, and I went to their concert here in Houston. My daughter was crying and shaking, she was so happy. We were in the front row, so One Direction's manager, Paul, tried to comfort her and gave her Harry Styles' towel.

It was as if, by giving her that sweaty beaten-down old washcloth, he had given her THE WORLD. When we got home, her two friends started bitching and moaning about how she needed to tear the towel into three.

My daughter refused to. She said and I quote "Thats like asking me to rip my baby into three because y'all were in the delivery room and you want a child now too."

Now, they won't stop texting and calling her, they're basically harassing her. 

They even made an instagram page called "Lexi is a Selfish Bitch" because she said no.

They are trying to make her feel guilty and to be honest, it's working, but the towel means so much to her that my dd would rather suffer in silence while standing her ground.

Lexi has been crying all day. I don't even know what to do or say anymore to comfort her.

She paid for everything. She used all of her saved birthday and Christmas money on tickets, materials for posters, t-shirts, and snacks for the three of them, yet these girls will not leave her alone.

I promised not to get involved, but I'm about three hairs away from calling their mother. My daughter is so upset, it just breaks my heart.

I'd rather have twelve 18 wheelers beat me into the ground and run me over five times, rather than seeing my daughter hurt like this. 

Lexi keeps crying and saying "Momma, they spoiled the best night of my life. I should have just taken my sisters instead."

Help!

I called their mom today (they're sisters) and she had nothing to say except "Well, wouldn't that be the fair thing to do? Just split the towel. Two for Camille and Megan, one for Lexi."

I was in shock.

A grown-ass woman cannot admit that her kids were wrong in harrassing someone who was gracious enough to buy them front row at a 1D concert.

Personally I think my dd getting that towel was no accident. She didn't have to pay for everything and be so nice to those monsters, but she did. And because of that good Karma, she got to live out her teenage dream.

My brother in law is a lawyer, and he says that we should give a warning that if the Instagram page isn't taken down within 24 hours, we will take legal action. 

He's working on the formal complaint right now.

I feel so ashamed that I let this go on for three days. I should have put a stop to it the moment my dd showed me the page.

I feel like I've failed as a mother. They practically made the best night of my daughter's life a spiritual poison. This is so bad for her. At least she still has her best friend and her sisters to support her.

I'm not going to cave and I won't let my daughter cave, because they need to learn that they can't get everything they want by twisting someone's arm.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xo.LOVES.Xo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Call the mother

those girls sound like little brats!

thetrollcat
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:54 AM
3 moms liked this

I have a solution... Take the damn towel away from your daughter (not like aggressive or anything) and tell your daughter to tell her friends that you took it away and keeping it yourself.

Of course overall its still hers but it will get them to back off a little. Girls are bitches they will never back off until she either gives in or so. But this might help them to start backing off... Take the rag and just put it in a box in your closet meow tell your daughter she can have it back once this is all calm.

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:54 AM
8 moms liked this

So buy a towel that looks like it...wash it whatever tear it up and let them THINK they have the real deal....self entitlement I have no patience for.  

ballerina18
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry to hear your daughter has to deal with stupid drama like this. I don't even know how I would react in this situation, BUT I do know that your dd owe's her friends nothing. The towel was given to her and she does not have to tear up the towel to please her friends.

I don't even know if it would help if you called the other girl's parents. This is drama that is between the teens. I think at this point the best thing you can do is tell your dd she is in the right and maybe offer up some things your dd could tell her friends.

Good luck!

WashingtonMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Call the other mother and explain the situation. Your DD was VERY gracious paying their way for the concert, it's her towel and those bratty kids need to understand that she didn't have to take their selfish asses to the concert. It was given to your DD - and they wouldn't have even been at the concert at all if it wasn't for your thoughtful daughter! They don't split up hockey pucks or baseballs caught at games, she shouldn't have to share her precious momento either. I'm sorry your DD is so heartbroken about this, it's horrible what those girls are doing to her. 

thetrollcat
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

thats an idea too

Quoting tlcory:

So buy a towel that looks like it...wash it whatever tear it up and let them THINK they have the real deal....self entitlement I have no patience for.  

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.

BeautyFull
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow! Get another towel like it cut it up and send it to them. And call their parents! Sue them for harrasement! Make them pay her back. This is sad on so many levels.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
What spoiled little bitches they're being. She paid their way but they still aren't happy 😞. Sorry momma 😞
DirtyPrincess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

This is exactly what I would do. 

Quoting tlcory:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Sorry saw the words "one direction" and wanted to shoot myself in the face... cant even bring myself to finish reading but heres a bump and good luck. i

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)