Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of Twins

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
How far along were you when you found out you were expecting twins?

I'm seriously thinking it's possible this pregnancy. Twins run in my DF's side of the family. I'm just so... much bigger this time. With both my boys I was so little. I'm now 15 weeks and big. My last ultrasound was at 11 weeks.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Identical e twins are spontaneous. Fraternal twins can come from the mothers side. It has nothing to do with what runs on the fathers side.

just to answer your question I was 12 weeks when I found out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I was just curious. My DF for home from work tonight and goes wow you really are getting big are you sure it's not twins? Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Identical e twins are spontaneous. Fraternal twins can come from the mothers side. It has nothing to do with what runs on the fathers side.

just to answer your question I was 12 weeks when I found out.

MamaCeleste0722
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I found out at around 7 weeks. Prior, I had no clue. 

Like the PP said, your DF would have nothing to do with twins as fraternal twins would be on the maternal side-you wouldn't believe how many people ask which side our twins came from. 

momwithtwins714
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I gave birth to faternal twins, and the doctor told me they run on the mother's side.  I was 20 weeks prego when i found out!!! I kept thinking and people kept saying how I was getting big fast but I just thought because it was my second pregnancy is why I was getting bigger faster! That was a big NO! lol full term both kids popped out at 7lbs each! Good Luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM

i was 6 weeks when i found out i was pregnant with fraternal twins and my doctor told me it had nothing to do with my husbands side but more about my side.. Upon investagation i learned that i might hyperovulate.. which mean i produce more than one egg when i ovulate.. I have only ever been pregnant once but i hear you get bigger each pregnancy.. Hope what i said was helpful 

Talienas
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM
You had an us but aren't sure if it's twins? Also, second/ third pregnancies you can appear larger faster.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)