Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So frustrated with DH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
So me and DH have been together for three years and he has gained a lot of weight like so much its taking a toll on his health. He was over weight when we got together but he is severely over weight now i have told him I'm very concerned about his weight and have given him every opportunity to lose it I know he can he did five years before we got together. But he tells me he ggives up he is tired of losing the weight then going back to his old diet and gaining it all back so he said he is done. This very scary to me I saw someone kill themselves thru food and I see DH going down that path I hate coming home and he is on the damn couch sleeping with junck ffood all around him while our son runs around un supervised.I am at such a lost I love him so much but how can I get him to see he is going to die before our son is in college.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:32 AM

So he has told you he doesn't care to lose it at this point, so what are you going to do about it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk what I can do I just know it really hurts to see him do this to himself and i wish he could see that.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

So he has told you he doesn't care to lose it at this point, so what are you going to do about it?

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Have you looked into gastric bypass for him?

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk what I can do I just know it really hurts to see him do this to himself and i wish he could see that.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

petitekatie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:39 AM

the problem is that he is going back to his old diet....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I would not ask him to change his diet completely but modify it. My example would be this. If he likes 3 cheeseburgers a day and a whole bag of chips. Tell him to cut his cheeseburgers to maybe two or 1 a day and maybe a half bag of chips. Get him a bunch of fruits and veggies. Tell him to cut down the soda. If he can't cut it completely to get it down to at least only one can a day. Instead of getting him the full fat chips get him the baked chips or light chips made by ruffles. The dips can be fat free. Water is the best thing. If he can't drink water because it has no flavor. Get him flavored waters propel or nestle orange. No calories and great tastes.  Stay away from anything aspartame (diet sodas and some yogurts have it for example). It just makes you more hungry and in turn makes it worst.

I would also encourage him to go for at least 20 minute walks with you daily.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you buy the groceries and cook? If so, that's the first place to start. Secondly, get him in to a nutritionist and discuss therapy. It sounds like he might have a food addiction.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Losing weight isnt easy or there wouldnt be hundred of diets out there, gimmicks, etc.  You can only control what you bring into the home and what you cook in order to limit the junk food and his diet at least while he is home.  If you want him to exercise then make family time active such as going for walks, swimming, playing ball, join a gym together, etc.  Sex  also burns a good amount of calories. In sickness and health is a vow is it not?  Too much pressure can backfire, make him feel worse and then the cycle continues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM
He does not have insurance.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Have you looked into gastric bypass for him?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I know but he said it gets boring being on a diet.

Quoting petitekatie:

the problem is that he is going back to his old diet....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Thank you I will try this

Quoting Anonymous:

I would not ask him to change his diet completely but modify it. My example would be this. If he likes 3 cheeseburgers a day and a whole bag of chips. Tell him to cut his cheeseburgers to maybe two or 1 a day and maybe a half bag of chips. Get him a bunch of fruits and veggies. Tell him to cut down the soda. If he can't cut it completely to get it down to at least only one can a day. Instead of getting him the full fat chips get him the baked chips or light chips made by ruffles. The dips can be fat free. Water is the best thing. If he can't drink water because it has no flavor. Get him flavored waters propel or nestle orange. No calories and great tastes.  Stay away from anything aspartame (diet sodas and some yogurts have it for example). It just makes you more hungry and in turn makes it worst.

I would also encourage him to go for at least 20 minute walks with you daily.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)