Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So tired of paying for other peoples actions!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I think it's messed up that people that really need help can't get it because of other peoples actions. I have a lot of pain in my pelvic area so I went to the ER tonight. I have had the pain for about 3 days now and have tried to get into my dr but there hasn't been any available appointments. I have done what I could here at home to try to make myself feel better. Taking it easy, heating pad, and Tylenol but it hasn't helped much at all which is why I went to the ER. I very rarely go to the ER. The last time I went was about 7 years ago and that was for a car accident that I was in. Anyways, the first thing that the dr said to me when he walked in the room was "I'm not giving you anything for pain." He didn't ask me any questions either. Just pushed on my pelvic area and rolled his eyes when I started crying because of the pain I felt when he pushed on it. He ordered an ultrasound and IV fluids. I was in a lot more pain after the ultrasound because they done the vaginal ultrasound. The nurse came in a apoligized for not being able to give me anything for pain. She told me that the dr was in a bad mood tonight because of a patient that had come in a suckered him into thinking she was in pain and walked out of the ER laughing and smiling and bragging to her friend with her that she was able to get a script for pain meds. I told the nurse that it wasn't fair that another patient has to suffer because of someone else's actions and she agreed with me. The dr came in after about a hour with the results from the ultrasound and told me that I have a good sized cyst on my right ovary and fluid around my left ovary meaning that one cyst had more than likely already popped. He apoligized to me for not believing me when I said that I was in pain that he has to make sure someone is actually in pain for giving pain meds. He had the nurse give me a shot of morphine before she discharged and sent me home with some Loratabs but I think it is really messed up that he treated me like I was just there to get pain meds. I understand that ERs probably do get a lot of people that come in just to try and get pain meds but not everyone that walks in there in pain is just trying to score pain meds. I don't think that patients in real pain should have to suffer like I did while people are able to go in there and fake it and walk out with what they wanted. How is that fair? Sorry this is long but I am really still irritated by this. I hate that bad people are able to screw up a lot of things for a lot of good people. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
RobinChristine
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:39 AM

I agree,I also feel a doctor should not take out his bad mood on his patients. He should also add the scammer patient to a blackballed list,this list pevents people from hospital hopping getting pain meds

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:04 AM
I hate having to go to the ER here! They always treat me like I am only in there for pain meds. Every time I have went there was a reason for. I will wait as long as possible and try to get in to see my dr before I go to the ER. It sucks that they treat most people in real pain like crap but the ones that DO go in there soley for pain meds are able to get them when theres nothing even wrong with them!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)