Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gimme all your milk!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:49 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hi ladies. I was just wondering where I might find groups of  breast feeding moms here on CM. A friend of mine lives in Iowa and is EBF. Shes been under SO much undue stress lately that she isnt producing enough for night time feeding. She is taking Fenugreek but it isnt doing much. Wondering where I would look to find out more about certain moms who donate to other moms. If you all could point me in that direction, I'd be forever grateful. Thanks! :)

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck but I have no clue
crumpy_gat
by No. on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I had serious supply issues when my baby was 3 months.  Apparently it's "normal" and if you keep baby on boob 24/7 it'll fix it, but I couldn't stand my baby crying :(  I was told it may have been from being in the nicu after birth and being supplemented with formula, it messed up my supply.  Anyway, I tried fenugreek and it didn't do shit, so I got a prescription for domperidone and it has been a lifesaver.  Absolutely zero issues since taking it, and I've been able to nurse for 8 months since then :)

MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome! Thank you very much!! <3

Quoting crumpy_gat:

I had serious supply issues when my baby was 3 months.  Apparently it's "normal" and if you keep baby on boob 24/7 it'll fix it, but I couldn't stand my baby crying :(  I was told it may have been from being in the nicu after birth and being supplemented with formula, it messed up my supply.  Anyway, I tried fenugreek and it didn't do shit, so I got a prescription for domperidone and it has been a lifesaver.  Absolutely zero issues since taking it, and I've been able to nurse for 8 months since then :)

MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Thank you ladies! :)

horseap
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this

She should try to find a milk bank not have you come on here.  There have been lots of creepy guys kicked out for trying to get milk from moms here.  TBH  creepy guy was the first thing that came to mind.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Thats what I was asking. Where do I find the milk banks for her? I have no idea where to even begin looking. Im not asking ANYONE for their milk here. I just knew the title would get attention and why I left my name instead of going anonymous. I promise, Im not some weirdo. Are there milk banks by state online, etc. was my basic question. :)

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

Hi ladies. I was just wondering where I might find groups of  breast feeding moms here on CM. A friend of mine lives in Iowa and is EBF. Shes been under SO much undue stress lately that she isnt producing enough for night time feeding. She is taking Fenugreek but it isnt doing much. Wondering where I would look to find out more about certain moms who donate to other moms. If you all could point me in that direction, I'd be forever grateful. Thanks! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)