Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mark Cahill?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

So this man comes into my work.  I think he needs checked in because of the time he was coming.  So I ask how can I help you?  He asks me " Do you know our Lord and Savior?" (I mentally sighed, knowing I have to be as polite as possible) I said yes. He said OH what church is your home?  I said I don't have one.  *him*  I see, I was a guest at the local ***** church in town because of my new book that was out. Do you like to read?  *me* Yeah when I'm at work is the only quiet time I have to actually read something. He chuckled and asked if I had any kids.  I said Yes 2.  He says WOW you're very busy.  IS THE FATHER INVOLVED!? *me* yes hes my husband. *him* Good, its so sad you here all these single moms when the man isn't involved.  He pulls out two books and says This is my first book, when you die do you think you'll go to heaven or hell. I said I don't know.  Then he goes on about knowing where he was going to go and I needed to be sure of where I would go when I died.  Then he shows me his second and gives me a book mark type thing with the infinity symbol.  He pulls out his wallet and I noticed our head housekeeper had stopped to watch him.  I think hes finally getting around to checking in. He pulls out 3 twenty dollar bills.  He says there's one for each of your children and one for you.  I hear they are pretty expensive to raise.  I of course said that's very kind but I cannot take it. He said NOPE Its better to give than receive and if you truly don't want it find a generous way to pass it on.    The head housekeeper came up to me after he left and said he had been passing out 20s to all the housekeepers and front desk people but they only got 1.  She couldn't believe what he gave me. I couldn't believe what he gave me.

What HE didn't know was that I had been praying for this money we are owed to finally come through because things are getting very tough.  We had no food in our cupboards.  Honestly, we have a mouse that ate all the ramen noodles and I had no idea. The kids had been having hot dogs and bologna sandwiches because its the cheapest thing I can get to put food in their tummies.  HE was the answer to my prayers.  I was able to buy enough food to make meals for dinner fruits and veggies for them to eat some milk and cereal for breakfast until my next check.  He left before I could talk to him.  I judged him just because of how he started talking to me(he came on REALLY strong) but without him I don't know what I would have done. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:03 AM

thats very nice. im not very familiar with him, other than knowing his name and that hes a fairly popular evangelist. ive never seen him speak or anything though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Quoting dmarie2101:

thats very nice. im not very familiar with him, other than knowing his name and that hes a fairly popular evangelist. ive never seen him speak or anything though.

I had no clue who he was.  After looking at his books there is a whole chapter in his second that has a 20 dollar bill on each page.  Im not saying he did it as something FOR the book but it is a coinsidence that he chose to give 20's.  Either way, he was a blessing and he will never know how much it meant to my family.  God gives us what we need.  I was asking for help thinking about our lump sum when we just needed a little to get by.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting dmarie2101:

I had no clue who he was.  After looking at his books there is a whole chapter in his second that has a 20 dollar bill on each page.  Im not saying he did it as something FOR the book but it is a coinsidence that he chose to give 20's.  Either way, he was a blessing and he will never know how much it meant to my family.  God gives us what we need.  I was asking for help thinking about our lump sum when we just needed a little to get by.

thats awesome. im glad you got what you needed. :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)