• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can take it anymore!!!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:01 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have stitches in my hand and they are really tight. Any movement in my hand causes them to stretch, and it hurts. I am supposed to go to the dr tomorrow at 3 to get them removed. Im seriously considering taking them out now. Has anyone removed their own sutures? My mom (shes a nurse) said to sterilize some manicure scissors, cut the thread and pull the thread out, then wash and neosporin.

~Annie~

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o.O....
by Cara on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:02 AM
I've taken stitches out of my hand before. I did like your mom said.
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:05 AM

ive known several people that have. they didnt want to pay for a dr visit for something they could do themselves.

Lucky2BaMomof2
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:05 AM
I removed mine from my face and scalp.. I sterilized manicure scissors and removed them.. Cleaned it up and neosporin..

Basically like your mom said

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:06 AM

I have taken my own stitches out before. No big deal.

Lucky2BaMomof2
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Ohh and I removed mine because you could tell it was healed, but I kept pulling a couple when I brushed my hair it changed shirts.. That hurt wise than them being in, lol..

Before anyone lectures, lol
lovelove211
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:09 AM
I would see the doctor to make sure it's all ok. My mum went and had stitches taken out last year, the dr took them out but it wasn't quite ready and the wound popped open and she ended up with more stitches
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MAXnBRYCESMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:10 AM

Its been 11 days, they are ready. They are removing them tomorrow.

Quoting lovelove211:

I would see the doctor to make sure it's all ok. My mum went and had stitches taken out last year, the dr took them out but it wasn't quite ready and the wound popped open and she ended up with more stitches

~Annie~

lovelove211
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:13 AM
I understand. I guess I'm just cautious since my mum went in after the specified period and it still happened. I wasn't judging just giving my cautious advice

Quoting MAXnBRYCESMomma:

Its been 11 days, they are ready. They are removing them tomorrow.

Quoting lovelove211:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:14 AM
I took my own stitches out of my thumb a couple of years ago. I've also removed two stitches from dh's knee (in April). I just used a tiny pair of scissors.
krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:19 AM

im too chicken shit to  even think of doing soemthing like that.. but the only timei had stitches i had over 200 on each side of my arm.. and the other time was a 6 inch running stitch and  there was no way i was messing with either of those.. good luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)