Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need more energy!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Does anyone know how to get energy back when you really feel like you have none?

I'm always so tired. I feel like I never sleep. But in the last 27 hours I've slept 18.5 hours. I'm still exhausted. I'm fighting to stay awake right now and while I'll probably go to sleep. When I wake up I'll be just as tired as I am now. Its always like this. I'm always constantly fighting the need to sleep. 

Doctor said it was likely because of depression because I'm fine otherwise. But I've tried vitamin B complex, I've tried caffeine, a daily vitamin. I've tried being more active and that works for the day but the next 2 days I'll do nothing but sleep I just can't function enough to stay awake. 

I'm not on drugs. I take no medications on a regular basis. Maybe 1-2 times a week I take an anxiety med. I eat well enough when I am awake. I just don't know what to do! Its frustrating. Any suggestions? Is there another vitamin I should be taking? Something I should be doing to help get energy? Any suggestions would be great.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mudwrap
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Try iodine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:27 AM

What does that do? Isn't that in salt?

Quoting mudwrap:

Try iodine

mudwrap
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:31 AM
My doc gave me iodine drops coz I was low in energy and also b vitamins
barneysaid
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Bump!!! I'm on the same boat. I need energy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:49 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:52 AM

Could you tell me the brand they gave you? Was it a prescription?

Quoting mudwrap:

My doc gave me iodine drops coz I was low in energy and also b vitamins

NotTheirMom99
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:55 AM
B12 injections?
srehman
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:57 AM
I noticed u said u exercise, but u should everyday. If it is depression the exercise will help boost your energy as well as make you feel less depressed. But it should be done everyday, not just once or twice a week. That's all I can suggest. Bc I am exhausted and feel like
Crap but with the exercise I feel better and more energetic everyday...good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:01 AM

I've tried this. It doesn't help. I was going to the gym daily only to sleep majority of the time I wasn't there because I was so tired with what I did there. Even if I took it easy I was run into the ground until I forced myself to go back the next day. It didn't help. I would just feel like mush and even more tired than before.

Quoting srehman:

I noticed u said u exercise, but u should everyday. If it is depression the exercise will help boost your energy as well as make you feel less depressed. But it should be done everyday, not just once or twice a week. That's all I can suggest. Bc I am exhausted and feel like
Crap but with the exercise I feel better and more energetic everyday...good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:49 AM
You might try D3 many people are lacking and don't even know it. I take 2000 IUs a day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)